Honored Contributor

Re: TRADITIONAL CONDO IN PALMOLIVE BUILDING, CHICAGO

What a beautiful appealing condo!  I was impressed by the furnishings and the decor, I especially liked the living room as I am a fan of the formal look.  The rooms came to life in the after pictures and stood out.  There was very little I would change.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you encouraged us to watch the video @Oznell .  It really brought everything together.  I do love the condo, but it's too formal for me.  I don't like wallpaper at all so didn't like it here either.  I love the Staffordshire dogs on the sconces in the living room.  I have a pair of antique Staffordshire dogs that my mother bought as antiques when she got married that I truly treasure.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have a weakness for Staffordshire dogs too, @NickNack -- how lovely that you have these precious pieces of your Mother's. 

My sad Staffordshire dog story is that my Dad, while helping to move my bookshelf, inadvertently broke mine!    I never replaced them until recently I found just one, tall Staffordshire dog in a local antique store-- her markings and chain etc. are sort of a pretty "rose" color on white, and I couldn't resist her, even though she was missing her "mirror image". 

You are so lucky to have your pair.  I think they add instant character and whimsy to a room, just as they do in the Palmolive condo...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I have a weakness for Staffordshire dogs too, @NickNack -- how lovely that you have these precious pieces of your Mother's. 

My sad Staffordshire dog story is that my Dad, while helping to move my bookshelf, inadvertently broke mine!    I never replaced them until recently I found just one, tall Staffordshire dog in a local antique store-- her markings and chain etc. are sort of a pretty "rose" color on white, and I couldn't resist her, even though she was missing her "mirror image". 

You are so lucky to have your pair.  I think they add instant character and whimsy to a room, just as they do in the Palmolive condo...

@Oznell   I'm so sorry your dogs got broken but glad you found another one that you like.  I had my Staffordshire dogs on my mantel for almost 30 years.  I got a kitten a couple of years ago, and one day I heard a loud thump.  I ran into the living room, and Henry, my cat, was sitting on my mantel.  It scared me to death that he was going to knock the dogs over and break them.

He jumped down when he saw me, and I immediately moved the dogs.  Very scary for me!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

The difference between the before and after is incredibly striking!

Honored Contributor

Wonderful apartment and some lovely spaces. Fabulous kitchen redo, though not loving the 'after' bedroom or bath. The sitting rooms are very stylish if a tad chilly. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Whew, close call with your Henry, @NickNack!  I know the feeling.  Our four kitties live dangerously, but luckily, surprisingly, they usually wend their way through my bric a brac with out too many knock-overs or major damage....

Respected Contributor

y'all need to try clear museum gel!  

Honored Contributor

Great suggestion, @Shawnie -- thanks!

Contributor

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!