Honored Contributor

I don't know about this TSV hose, but I read some reviews elsewhere that say these metal-type hoses will turn your hands black when handling them.

Honored Contributor

I was interested in this hose, but the 50’ length isn’t enough for me.  Hope they make it in a 75’ option in the future.  I would even need 100’ for one side of my house. 

Respected Contributor

I went ahead and ordered one.  I am not sure whether I will regret doing so.  Before I ordered I googled searched and found QVC reviews back from 2016 and 2017 and reviews were dismal for the hose coming apart or bursting on the end connection that attaches to the house faucet.  That was what the majority of the complaints were about.

I do not think it is the same construction or quality as the woven metal washer hoses.  I am not sure, but still think there is the small plastic tubing inside the metal casing.  The plastic tubing leads to the hose end connection and that seems to be where to problems lie.

Valued Contributor

@ChanelNannywrote:

I have the slightly older version from QVC, when it was first presented..I was willing to try anything since I had gone through so many hoses that ripped, twisted beyond repair, etc, etc......I am so very glad I had ordered this..It sits out on my deck 350 days of the year here in S.C....never kinks, never twists, very lightweight , does not get hot in the sun,....I can pull it through the rose bushes and the thorns can't harm it!....I believe this is THE perfect hose after years of trials and failures and searching...I so love it, I ordered the TSV today to replace an older fabric hose I have. So flexible and easy to roll up and stick in a corner or hook on a hose holder.....love!

Okay, I'll bite ....... where does it reside the other 15 days of the year? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alleghenywrote:

I went ahead and ordered one.  I am not sure whether I will regret doing so.  Before I ordered I googled searched and found QVC reviews back from 2016 and 2017 and reviews were dismal for the hose coming apart or bursting on the end connection that attaches to the house faucet.  That was what the majority of the complaints were about.

I do not think it is the same construction or quality as the woven metal washer hoses.  I am not sure, but still think there is the small plastic tubing inside the metal casing.  The plastic tubing leads to the hose end connection and that seems to be where to problems lie.

@Allegheny  Supposedly this is "new and improved".  I'll find out because I ordered it.  I plan to use it alot during the first 30 days.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

be aware, there are others very similar out there on the market, more cheaply made, but for my experience with this one from this particular company, which I have owned for more than a year, has never never made my hand black, and it has never rusted either, not one spot of rust in all this time sitting outdoors!....just thought I would let you know.

Contributor

I laugh because I relized too late my error in the 350 thing!...thanks for making me laugh.......I was going to tell you that we bring it in for 15 days during the Christmas holiday period so the hose can enjoy some holiday festivities inside the home !.....my husband and I both laughed at your question!..thanks!

Contributor

also spelled realized incorrectly...I'm out..need more coffee........

Honored Contributor

I decided to get it.  Hubby told me to just get 2 of them.  I need to replace an old hose that has leaks and always kinks.  We have some of those expandable hoses, and they are great for some things but not so great for sprinklers.  You need some sort of cutoff between the hose and the sprinkler because you need water floweing through the hose before you can place your sprinkler.  Then, when you turn the cutoff to on you get wet.  

Honored Contributor

I was all set to buy it , but checked at AMZ and found better ones for a better price and of course, free shipping and 2 day delivery. Will buy there.