Respected Contributor

TO. HEAR. OR. NOT. TO. HEAR. OR. TOO MUCH. HEARING....

Okay, I know I have to live with this new, stupid, loud noise-making Maytag agitator washer with low water usage.  But.......

Does anyone know how I can deaden the noise level.  We are in a second story condo and I sincerely hope it does not begin to bother the downstairs folks.  Is there a special type fabric I can throw over it or the fan fold doors?   I tried a beach blanket:  even rolled up it did nothing to muffle the sounds.  The sounds seem to be coming from the left side of the machine.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  BTW, I am far from needing a hearing aid, so turning one down would not help !

TIA

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: TO. HEAR. OR. NOT. TO. HEAR. OR. TOO MUCH. HEARING....

[ Edited ]

Sorry you are so unhappy with your new washer.  Since it's new and you hate it, any chance of going back to where you bought it and complaining?  Some stores will allow an exchange so ask for a different model, perhaps?  Or schedule a service call (under warranty), maybe there's a fix for it.  Good luck.

If you are stuck with it, ask your condo's maintenance people how to minimize noise.  

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Sorry you are so unhappy with your new washer.  Since it's new and you hate it, any chance of going back to where you bought it and complaining?  Some stores will allow an exchange so ask for a different model, perhaps?  Or schedule a service call (under warranty), maybe there's a fix for it.  Good luck.

If you are stuck with it, ask your condo's maintenance people how to minimize noise.  

That was my first thought, it may have a defect or something may be loose.  Does it happen through the entire cycle or just at certain times?

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds lke something may be loose or it isn't balanced properly...