Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 darcy3 said:

I stalk TJMaxx's holiday decor like a cougar! I check out everything that comes in that I want, and wait until it goes on sale in the days leading up to Christmas. If it is something I really want I'll get it, but their end of season sales are great! Sometimes I make a quick stop in on Christmas Eve day and see what's on sale and I'll go back the day after Christmas when everything is 50% off, then 75% off etc. I get such a high shopping for holiday decor. Last year I stalked a large wreath with vintage style ornaments and jewelry on it that started out at $50, but I kept going back and it was finally half off and down to three left, but I held out and the wreath was on my mind so decided to get it and it was on sale for $15.00. I love it and can't wait to get it out this year. The thrill of the hunt.

darch3, you have some real self control going on there! At our TJMaxx, if you see it you better get it. It isn't a really large store, and stuff flies out of there, especially anything seasonal. I do get that "thrill of the hunt" thing. I used to go out the day after Christmas to the big fine departments stores in our area and get such nice things, but no more. Just don't have the drive to do it. I'll just live vicariously through you and your trips!!

Honored Contributor

OHHH - I NEED 2 large candleholders.

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 mominohio said:

I stalk TJMaxx's holiday decor like a cougar! I check out everything that comes in that I want, and wait until it goes on sale in the days leading up to Christmas. If it is something I really want I'll get it, but their end of season sales are great! Sometimes I make a quick stop in on Christmas Eve day and see what's on sale and I'll go back the day after Christmas when everything is 50% off, then 75% off etc. I get such a high shopping for holiday decor. Last year I stalked a large wreath with vintage style ornaments and jewelry on it that started out at $50, but I kept going back and it was finally half off and down to three left, but I held out and the wreath was on my mind so decided to get it and it was on sale for $15.00. I love it and can't wait to get it out this year. The thrill of the hunt.

darch3, you have some real self control going on there! At our TJMaxx, if you see it you better get it. It isn't a really large store, and stuff flies out of there, especially anything seasonal. I do get that "thrill of the hunt" thing. I used to go out the day after Christmas to the big fine departments stores in our area and get such nice things, but no more. Just don't have the drive to do it. I'll just live vicariously through you and your trips!!

ITA with you mominohio!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} i made that mistake ONCE years ago - saw something i liked and left it in the store. got home and realized it would have fit perfectly where i wanted so i jumped in my car to go back and get it - it was gone!!!!! that fast! i learned my lesson! after i moaned about it for a couple days my DH said from now on if you see what you want just buy it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} he got tired of listening to me. if it doesn't work out then i return it of course but that rarely happens. thinks don't stay in my Maxx stores long!

Super Contributor

that is SOO me!!! last year though they were marking things dowm a week before christmas so i was able to start early! then i still go christmas eve and the day after,too! i got so much stuff last year even if i buy something retail this year i will still come out ahead!!

Honored Contributor

I picked up a cute little Christmas decoration at Marshalls on Saturday. It's a typewriter and has Letter to Santa on it. I think it was $12.99. It was cute and different.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

My Marshall's had lots of mercury glass candlestands and trees. Nothing lighted. Most items $20. Nothing on sale.