Honored Contributor

TIMOTHY WHEALON'S ONE BEDROOM NYC APARTMENT

I like discovering "newer" designers whose work appeals to me.  This guy combines antique and modern in a way that seems fresh, yet classically grounded.  I'd sure enjoy living the way he does in Gramercy Park-- can't you feel the breeze coming in those great windows?

Timothy-Whealon-NYC-apartment-and-dog-Ollie.png

Timothy-Whealon-NYC-apartment-1.jpg

Timothy-Whealon-rug-for-PFM.jpg

Timothy-Whealon-La-Foce-rug-for-Patterson-Flynn-Martin-1.jpg

I saved the dining area for last, because weirdly it's almost the room I love most.  It has an airy, sort of timeless quality, very French in a way, with that stark, soot stained white fireplace and huge sculptural glass vessel on the table.  I've tried to do a similar look in my dining room-- love simple, big glass bottles with branches.  But the keyed rug and that big white pendant light make me think of the Greek islands...  sigh.

The rooms are even better, bigger and more detailed if you go to the Quintessence blog:

https://quintessenceblog.com/

Honored Contributor

Re: TIMOTHY WHEALON'S ONE BEDROOM NYC APARTMENT

Gramercy Park is only threee blocks from my apt. 

I walk through that area frequently ... it's on my way to just about everywhere in a westerly direction..

Next time I'm over that way I'll have to take notice which buildings have terraces. 

(I don't normally look up when I'm walking!)

Honored Contributor

As a former New Yorker,I would just enjoy living in Gramercy Park period!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you for sharing this.  I could ‘force’ myself to live there 🙂, However DH and furries would have to have their own place next door.  We would never all manage here.

I like the mix of furniture, eclectic, but not jarringly so.  The dining room also reminds me of Greece, with a bit of French.  Appreciate the art work with the exception of the green oval next to the terrace doors, perhaps it would grow on me.  The emerald rug would have to go, it strikes my eye in an uncomfortable way.

Your interesting architectural  finds are always enjoyable.  A recent post had me dreaming of the cottage in Carmel.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Oh, @Drythe,  dream is the operative word, isn't it?  We can dream!

Honored Contributor

So nice to have a terrace in the city... Great apartment, I'd love to decorate it myself. Some nice elements, but overall, not for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

The first 2 pics are very nice.  Living area is very welcoming & a nice outside patio to hopefully enjoy a nice view.  

The 1st pic of the bedroom looked very nice but then it showed the sitting wall area.  Not crazy about the wall art, the piece on the dresser, nor the chair.

I like the table in the dining area - don't like that hanging light nor the area rug.  Needs pop of color.

Respected Contributor

I love it .   Not a fan of the green rug in the blue/white bedroom.   

There is no way I'd use the room with the fireplace as a dining room.  If that is a real fireplace, that room would be my living room.   I'm not wasting a fireplace in a room I'll seldom use.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although I have no idea who Timothy Whealon is, his apartment is just gorgeous.   I wouldn't change a thing.   The terrace is exquisite.   

I'm not sure I could take the hustle and bustle of NYC but I would love the chance to try.

Those of you who are fortunate enough to live there, I envy you.   

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting - it is beautiful!