Honored Contributor

THROW PILLOWS ARE YOUR SOFA'S BFF

If you love animals and throw pillows, zulily has a ton of wonderful animal pillows today, under the above title, some with just the head of the animal, some with the whole animal, tons of dogs.

Honored Contributor

Re: THROW PILLOWS ARE YOUR SOFA'S BFF

I got two of them last year.  One is a ruby and one is a black/tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  They look so much like my dogs that it is creepy.

My DH swears that they were custom made from pictures of my dogs.  They are great quality too.  I got the ones where the dogs are wearing Red Santa hats. Adorable!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I got two of them last year.  One is a ruby and one is a black/tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  They look so much like my dogs that it is creepy.

My DH swears that they were custom made from pictures of my dogs.  They are great quality too.  I got the ones where the dogs are wearing Red Santa hats. Adorable!

@Carmie  DD loves llamas so bought her that pillow, lol, and bought several for myself, wild animals, no dogs as there was only one that looked similar to my girl except for the color, and none that look like my male.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl~ Gotta love throw pillows! I have SO many! I'm actually wanting a window seat built in front of our bay window so badly, just to store all of our throw pillows, throws etc. lol Not to mention, I think it would be so nice to be able to sit there and just relax, read a book or just enjoy watching the birds every morning and late afternoon. 

@LIG1   Make sure the seat has the width to accommodate large throw pillows as there is no back to the seats, learned this the hard way.  I can relate, lol.  In our previous house, DH built a window seat, curved, with storage underneath, in a bedroom, worked great.

I have a chaise in the bedroom with stuffed animals, and was thinking this morning that they had better move over, as there will be throw pillows joining them this year, lol.

I bought a lot recently, and am thinking of storing the Christmas in air bags so as not to take up so much room, they should stay clean that way also.  I am going to put the Spring/Summer pillows in an air bag soon, so will see how it works. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  Boy, you are not kidding. I could start a store with my pillows. They are the easiest and least expensive way to re-do a room. I just bought a new wool 8/10 rug for my living room and had to buy new throw pillows to bring out the blue which I had absolutely none in my present decor. I just hang onto all of those from the past because I can't bare to part with them.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Last month I got rid of two dozen pillows. No more for me. I'm really enjoying the minimalistic side of me.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I love throw pillows, I hae quite a few of them mostly needle point from Yankee Sturbridge, Chandler 4 Corners and even Hobby Lobby (a lovely collection of toss pillow covers with various motifs and designs)---I have some for  Christmas (Santa, Christmas Tree, Snowman) and then for different seasons (spring with flowers, fall with leaves and a squirrel)....and one needle point that looks like my Tuxedo cats.............Cat LOLCat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I also have a love for throw pillows. It is an easy change to add seasonal pillows or a different accent color.

I just took out my stash of Christmas pillows and need to let the air and fluff up!

It is hard to go to Home Goods and see all of the pretty things!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I also have a love for throw pillows. It is an easy change to add seasonal pillows or a different accent color.

I just took out my stash of Christmas pillows and need to let the air and fluff up!

It is hard to go to Home Goods and see all of the pretty things!

@flickerbulb  I recently bought quite a few for Christmas and Spring/Summer, and yesterday, I dug out the Christmas pillows I bought decades ago and havn't used, so this Christmas will be a throw pillow Christmas. Smiley Happy