Honored Contributor

Re: THE "WEIGHTED BLANKET" HAD A SOOTHING EFFECT...

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I noticed that Kohl's has 2 type of weighted blankets on sale right now for $79.99, both are 15 lb.  One has so-so reviews & the other one, no reviews yet.

That’s nice to know. I can check it out at Kohl’s. I’d like to see what it feels like. Thanks for posting. @aubnwa01 

@BirkiLady  Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 @OKPrincess  Seems like QVC also had a weighted blanket 2-3 weeks ago, but I didn't notice the price. Believe they had both the 15 and 20 lbs. available. HTH

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

The fact that these blankets can't be washed gives me pause.  I sleep with two dogs and wash bedding often.  Also, you get used to the blanket, then summer arrives...then what?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The fact that these blankets can't be washed gives me pause.  I sleep with two dogs and wash bedding often.  Also, you get used to the blanket, then summer arrives...then what?

@Kachina624  I purchased a duvet cover for my blanket and that helped with keeping it clean. If you use an air conditioner during the summer months you should be okay with using the blanket. I can only speak for myself but I had heat on during the winter months and did not have issues with it being too hot. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interestingly enough, I didn't experience the blanket as being too hot esp. when I've used it alone, When I tried it on top of my normal winter layers of sheet, regular blanket plus comforter, (hubby likes too many layers for my comfort, ha) it was slightly too warm.  I would subtract my normal comforter when using it in future.

The washability factor is important.  The blanket arives already in its own zippered, close-fitting, duvet-like cover, which is completely washable.  I'd love it if you could also wash the inner core with the beads, but the outer cover's washability is important.

I've now had a nap and two night's sleep with it.  Last night I went to bed early, and slept uninterrupted for a solid 8 hours.  That's very good for me.

Good to hear all the user comments!

Respected Contributor

A lot of therapists recommend these blankets for children especially those on the Autistic spectrum.  The $$$ have come down considerably.

Yes you are supposed to use them with a duvet cover.

Trusted Contributor

I would never have bought one just by reading about it, but 2 people at work have it and both were raving about it.  I decided to give it a try.  No matter how exhausted I am, I will often wake up at about 3 and start thinking! Then I'm awake for a couple of hours.  

I put it over my top sheet and I did lower the night time temp by one degree.  At my regular temp, I was taking it off and putting it on again.  Once I lowered the temp, I did sleep well but haven't used it long enough to know if that was because I was so tired or due to the blanket.  I had no 3 am wakeups.  I was told it works like a thunder shirt for dogs.  

I've been gone for over a week, though, so not sure how well it will work with the warmer temps.  

Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention in my PP.  There are charts out there online to guide you on what weight to buy.