Honored Contributor

THE "WEIGHTED BLANKET" HAD A SOOTHING EFFECT...

I'm always on the lookout for healthy ways to relieve stress, and address my insomnia.

Decided to order the smallest, least expensive (but it's still $136.50, gack) weighted blanket in navy to see if it might work:

https://www.qvc.com/BlanQuil-Geo-Quilted-48%22-x-74%22-15-lb-Weighted-Blanket.product.H218808.html?s...

I had a feeling it might work for me.  If you have multiple kitties, or even one, have you noticed that sometimes when they get on top of you when you're lying down, their gentle weight on you feels strangely soothing?  A couple of our four kitties like to do that, and luckily they're not overweight, so not oppressive.

Figured the blanket might be like that, and it was!  It's like when you're really sleepy and you feel gently pinned down by gravity on your bed, and off to sleep you go.

Went up to our room for a nap, pulled the door almost shut, put on my DVR of vintage movie "Scandal Sheet" and got under this blanket.  Boom-- went right off to sleep, the kind of deep, comforted sleep I rarely have.

Just wanted to give my experience, in case anyone is pondering whether it could be helpful.  In my limited experience with it at least, it was a success.  If it stops working, I'll be sure and come back here to report, but initial results look hopeful!

Respected Contributor

Re: THE "WEIGHTED BLANKET" HAD A SOOTHING EFFECT...

I am happy that you shared your experience with the weighted blanket @Oznell  I am a person who does not like taking meds so I  purchased the Sharper Image blanket from Evine ($145/20lbs) in Dec 2018 and the first night I slept like a baby.

I loved it so much that I purchased one from HSN (same brand) for my son as a Christmas present. The blanket is a little heavy but once you get use to it you don't even notice the weight. 

Trusted Contributor

I really want one of these but I sleep really hot so I think that would be a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks for the review.  I have thought about getting one but wondered if these blankets really work.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I am thinking of getting a blanket too. However I toss and turn a lot during the night and occasionally have a kitty on me too.

Unless I’m not feeling well, I sleep 💤 roughly 5 hours a night.

Trusted Contributor

Bought one for a son who has anxiety and likes "heavy" blankets.  He thinks it's okay.  I like "fluffy" as in down comforters, to keep warm, so don't think a weighted blanket would work for me, even though I also live with anxiety.  I would like to try the weighted eye pillows, though.  Seems like they would be calming.

Honored Contributor

I am not a great sleeper and I think would cause me much distress

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@Oznell  I am not familiar with these thanks fo sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell @SXMGirl @OKPrincess @I am still oxox  Seems like @Laura14  purchased a weighted blanket last fall and was very pleased with hers as well. It's wonderful to read so many positive comments today. Hope everyone continues to sleep well. It's such an important part of good health. Enjoy yours!! 

Hope everyone else loosing sleep looks into these. They sound amazing. @Oznell described it better than anything I've heard so far. (Of course, I'm a cat-lover since childhood and know exactly what she's talking about. Bet the blanket doesn't purrrr!)

Best wishes on a great sleep! You each deserve it. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I noticed that Kohl's has 2 type of weighted blankets on sale right now for $79.99, both are 15 lb.  One has so-so reviews & the other one, no reviews yet.