Respected Contributor

@Oznell It looks exactly like a cottage I would love to live in.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE GARDENER'S COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Very charming and enchanting house!!!  The only thing I dont like are the white slip covers on the dining room chairs and sofa and living room furniture---just not practical...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

All I want is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air.  Someone's hand resting on my knee...oh, wouldn't it be loverly?  Oh, so loverly...

Honored Contributor

@Sooner,  I love that you so often bring a discerning, highly individualistic (and eye-opening, for me) take on things, but I'll give a little bit of a divergent view on this.

I don't see the cottage as formal;  I see it as "curated", not staged, by someone who loves beauty.  But it's practical as well-- in that small house, there's a desk to work at, a cupboard to stow a TV in, a china closet for overflow dishes, a drinks table, etc.

Additionally, she does have a tiny office, which I didn't post. 

Agreed, it is small, so there aren't multiple places to lounge.   But that couch looks deliciously squishy, as do those club chairs, so that's covered.  That's about all we have in our small house-- we don't have a family room, so our living room furniture is all we have to collapse on, besides the beds!

I'll grant you, a soft, larger and luxuriant Oriental rug in the living room would "up" the comfort factor for me.  That would be ideal....

Ha, ha, you are a treasure, @Nonametoday

Honored Contributor

@Oznell You are too kind!  And I love these pictures you post for us and the variety of opinions.  And yes, if you can't appreciate a different take on things, you lose a lot in life. 

I guess what makes me think formal is that everything is so studied and the furniture looks so frail--especially in the kitchen.

But then you have to understand I have a VERY tall guy living here, and that stuff wouldn't last the day!  LOL!!!! 

Valued Contributor

I can find an idea to copy from each room. Just beautiful rooms.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful charming home filled with so much character and appeal.  I love the chandeliers, the furnishings, the decor which enhances every room and the drapes are just perfect.  It is an impressive display of taste and elegance yet comfortable and so very inviting!!!!!!  LOVE!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love the first 12 pictures of the cottage and its contents.    White sofa/chairs are so beautiful but they get dirty quickly from dust alone but look wonderful in pictures.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  This may be my favorite post of yours ever, and I love all of them.  I love so many aspects of this cottage and could easily live there.  I love the fabric of the drapes, and like you, I'm not usually a wallpaper fan but love the wallpaper in the bedroom.  Thank you so much for posting this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Very nice and relaxing and a good use of space!