Esteemed Contributor

Re: Symmetry in the Living Room...

I like the sofas, fireplace, coffee table and picture.  Don't care for the rest of it; too perfect.   Are those tables under the mirrors?  They look like radiators.

Honored Contributor

Everyone has already expressed my reactions!  There's something almost too contrived about the matching mirrors.  Nevertheless, it's an elegant room, if somehow too "cool" and "ordered" for my particular taste.

@stevieb, you manage to find such thought-provoking images-- love it!

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of this look.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  I like the room except for either side of the fireplace.  Nay to the mirrors and consoles under them.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Everyone has already expressed my reactions!  There's something almost too contrived about the matching mirrors.  Nevertheless, it's an elegant room, if somehow too "cool" and "ordered" for my particular taste.

@stevieb, you manage to find such thought-provoking images-- love it!

Thanks @Oznell. Glad to find some 'safe' fodder for discussion on the boards... 

Smiley Wink

For sure, not everyone is expected to like the same things. Heck, I don't like a good bit of what I post !

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@stevieb  I like the room except for either side of the fireplace.  Nay to the mirrors and consoles under them.  LM

@Lilysmom  My own perspective is that while I think it's handsome room, I think they took symmetry a bit too far... Aside from possibly the blue sofas, I'd probably not select much from this room for my own home. While I do like the mirrors, I agree with you and others that both of them is too much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Clearly I’m not a symmetry girl. Surprise. 😂 I do like that painting. Room is too gray however. Needs something to brighten it up.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I wish the features on my face had that symmetry. I don't really care for it in the living room.

--------

@RetRN  an eye in the middle of one's forehead can be distracting.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  Not my style.  It is a little too perfect for me and reminds me of the lobby of a small, upscale boutique hotel.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Replace the picture, mirrors & dark blue sofas - but, it's a good display of symmetry.