Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Peas and Art in the Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

Too much lighting.  I had to take a second look as to what each fixture was covering.  The sweet peas is too big for the space it is in.  That kitchen is a definite no.  I would never have that many pictures in the kitchen.  You have to remember the fumes from cooking in the air.  I don't understand the love for lower cabinets.  Too much bending for senior women.  I would not mind a big, deep drawer below but not all those cabinets.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Le Sueur goes better with stainless. . . 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I like the first 2 hanging lights, but not the bunch that are displayed.  And, I'd definitely get rid of the "pea" sign - I hate peas!  Instead of the wall of photos, I'd rather have some upper cabinets.  Altogether, I'm not a fan of the style of this kitchen.

thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

It's different and I like it, but not for me.  I think this is the modern day Andy Worhol kitchen, right? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@tobes 

LOL.  I did not see your post but must say "brilliant minds..""

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The pea thing is awful.  If it were Le Sueur I'd be all in!  Woman Frustrated

Cat Frustrated Le Sueur is all out.  Factory closed down.  Darn pandemic.  The CCP has ruined everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

The art work makes this kitchen appealing to me.  I have art work in my kitchen and it perks up the area with bright colors and decor.  

@spiderw  Agree with you on the wall of art. I like it and, as noted, even the can of peas.

Were I putting together my dream kitchen, no, this would not be it.. There are many features I'd require that don't appear in the vignette we're able to see. Still, that doesn't preclude me liking what I can see. I even like the orange stool, the weathered looking work table and what appear to be grey cabinets with brushed steel hardware, neither of which I'd ever choose. Really do like the white counter tops, which I definitely would choose.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would make the island wider, change fabric color on stools, and take down the grouping of lights and artwork on the right wall.

I kind of like the peas pic....my husband works next door to a Del Monte Plant. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's cute (and I love the color orange), but I'm not a fan of islands.  Don't need one, don't want one, don't miss one.  I'd be banging my hip constantly on that thing.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

It's cute (and I love the color orange), but I'm not a fan of islands.  Don't need one, don't want one, don't miss one.  I'd be banging my hip constantly on that thing.

@Sweetbay magnolia  Agree with you about orange. One of my favorites, especially burnt orange. Also agree, normally I don't like an island. I think they've become too big and too predicable and would simply prefer more counter work space and a kitchen table and chairs for snacks or for dining. That said, this one is at least smaller, more narrow and less obtrusive than most, so I think I could probably live with it... It also appears to have just the one stool for working and isn't there as a place for folks to eat...

54eb6678afa94_-_the-next-chapter-kitchen-0313-frztqv-xln.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...