Respected Contributor
Good to hear you like the drizzles SHOPR! I haven't tried GINGER MARIGOLD and BLACK PEPPER & VERBENA yet. I'm off today & tomorrow so think I'll test drive those 2 scents. I haven't tried any of their candles since I'm a total melter these days. Sorry to hear about the smoking factor.
Valued Contributor

Swan Creek candles have the strongest and long lasting scents of any candles I have purchased anywhere. I buy them online. I have a Scentsy burner and buy their melts, they have a wonderful fragrance, but they only last for several burnings and then the scent is gone. The advantage of the Scentsy is no fuss, no muss. Easy to use and you don't get any smoking or mess from the wicks.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

OP, do you know if all Tractor Supply stores carry Swan Creek Candles? I've been wanting to try them and noticed that you've seen them there. There's a Tractor Supply in the town I work in, but I've never been there. I didn't think there would be anything there that I'd be interested in! LOL.

Thanks!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Topaz Gem said:

OP, do you know if all Tractor Supply stores carry Swan Creek Candles? I've been wanting to try them and noticed that you've seen them there. There's a Tractor Supply in the town I work in, but I've never been there. I didn't think there would be anything there that I'd be interested in! LOL.

Thanks!

I've been to three different Tractor Supply stores, and each of them had a small assortment of Swan Creek candles. I think that each store had 4 or 5 scents, including a vanilla or cake type scent (can't recall which one exactly) and the super strong Roasted Espresso, plus at least a couple of other food scents. Those stores only sold the enamel cups, cast iron pans, and a few of the small ceramic pots. I didn't find their website's "check store availability" option to be accurate when I went in search of some of the "sale" candles a while back.

The stores have a very small home decor section, which is where I found the candles, and it's located behind the registers, usually near the middle of the store. They also sell bird houses and feeders, garden decor, etc. When we go, I always head straight to the candles to see if there's anything new. The Swan Creek stock stays about the same. HTH!

Respected Contributor
On 3/30/2015 SHOPR said:
On 3/30/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Thanks!

I've been to three different Tractor Supply stores, and each of them had a small assortment of Swan Creek candles. I think that each store had 4 or 5 scents, including a vanilla or cake type scent (can't recall which one exactly) and the super strong Roasted Espresso, plus at least a couple of other food scents. Those stores only sold the enamel cups, cast iron pans, and a few of the small ceramic pots. I didn't find their website's "check store availability" option to be accurate when I went in search of some of the "sale" candles a while back.

The stores have a very small home decor section, which is where I found the candles, and it's located behind the registers, usually near the middle of the store. They also sell bird houses and feeders, garden decor, etc. When we go, I always head straight to the candles to see if there's anything new. The Swan Creek stock stays about the same. HTH!

Thanks, Shopr! That would be a good way for me to try Swan Creek. If I like them (and I'm sure I will) I can then order directly and try a few different scents.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Topaz Gem, Please let us know what you think if you try one of the scents. I read where you are a vanilla fan, and so am I. I don't recall the vanilla-type (it may have been called Pound Cake--trying to remember) scent in the stores being especially strong, but then after sniffing the Espresso, it's hard to smell much else for a while. You'll see what I mean if your store has it.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
On 4/1/2015 SHOPR said:

Topaz Gem, Please let us know what you think if you try one of the scents. I read where you are a vanilla fan, and so am I. I don't recall the vanilla-type (it may have been called Pound Cake--trying to remember) scent in the stores being especially strong, but then after sniffing the Espresso, it's hard to smell much else for a while. You'll see what I mean if your store has it.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I will be sure to report back. I know I'd like the espresso as well, so I hope they have that one too. I love Yankee's Hazelnut Coffee; even though I don't drink coffee, I just love the smell first thing in the a.m. Between the coffee and the vanilla, I should be all set. Smile

Frequent Contributor

Hi Candle Lovers!

I was so excited to find a selection of SC Candles at our Tractor Supply shop. They only had 2 scents, Dutch Apple Pie & Kentucky Honey Bourbon, so I got both. Sorry to say that neither are giving off any scent Smiley Sad at all. I don't get it. . I've used the "drizzles" before & have been super pleased. I wonder if the ones I bought are really old as I can't imagine many people going to Tractor Supply for candles. I sure hope the rest of you are getting ones that smell as good as my drizzles do ~

Esteemed Contributor

Tulips4U, All the candles in my first order (OP) from Cape Candle were the large mason jars with the screw-on lids. Except for Wedding Cake, which is strong enough, but not as strong as the others, all of the candles smell strong, both lit and unlit. I got one drizzle melt, Leather, but I haven't tried it yet.

I hope someone with more experience with this brand can shed some light.

Respected Contributor
On 4/3/2015 SHOPR said:

Tulips4U, All the candles in my first order (OP) from Cape Candle were the large mason jars with the screw-on lids. Except for Wedding Cake, which is strong enough, but not as strong as the others, all of the candles smell strong, both lit and unlit. I got one drizzle melt, Leather, but I haven't tried it yet.

I hope someone with more experience with this brand can shed some light.

I order directly from Swan Creek. In fact I'm off today & am melting BLACK PEPPER & VERBENA which is fabulous. I do tealights & not warmers. For me, the tea lights give more of an immediate scent release & since the tarts melt hotter, I find it gives me a better scent throw. I haven't tried their jar candles.