Honored Contributor

Sure Fit Sofa Cover

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have these and like them? Or one similar?

I have a bit of a worn edge on the sofa that doesnt look so good and thought one of those type covers might work well.

Thank you  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor
i have one for my oversized recliner, yes they are durable, fit well, machine wash well, but, they do come out when you get in and out of chair. i am constantly tucking it in. that being said, it does cover a multitude of sins on a frayed chair.
Honored Contributor

Several years ago I got one from a b&m store for my sofa.  I found it very difficult to put on and it quickly got snags and pulls and I don't have any children or pets.  I would not buy one again.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few in the faux suede. I like them. They look nice, wash well and last. I have dogs, etc. and I find these still look nice years later. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sure Fit Sofa Cover

[ Edited ]

I've owned several of the SureFit brand covers over the years until I found the 

Paulato by Gaico slipcovers here on the Q. They fit like a glove and you can't tell they are slipcovers. There's no sagging or wrinkles and they don't move around when you sit on them. No need to constantly fiddle with making them look right. They look perfect each and every day. Love them! HeartThe reviews are very good and that's why I bought them. I found mine in the AS-IS section.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Several years ago I got one from a b&m store for my sofa.  I found it very difficult to put on and it quickly got snags and pulls and I don't have any children or pets.  I would not buy one again.

I bought one from the store, the kind that covers the whole sofa, not just the covers, and I hated it within a few days. 

I got it because my sofa of 30 years, while still looking like new, was just not my favorite color/pattern anymore, and I was trying to create a more neutral look that I was trying out before I bought a new sofa. 

I loved going to a solid color without print, I liked the color I chose, but I hated the sloppiness of the darn thing. 

It was paper thin and you could see even my light colored sofa's print through it if you looked closely. 

It would come untucked and sloppy looking. It stretched over time, and was easily snagged. My pets weren't 'on' the sofa but they do rub against it, and it was nearly impossible to get pet hair off the cover. 

I just simply hated it. So much so, that I actually got rid of the sofa and haven't replaced it. I simply couldn't look at it another day, it was that sloppy looking, and I really didn't want to go back to the original upholstery either.

Honored Contributor

I have several SureFit sofa covers that just cover the seat, back and arms of the sofa.  I keep my sofas covered because I have pets.  I remove the covers if I am expecting company.

They work well.  I like the heavier ones better.  The suede like ones are my favorite.  I adjust them every night before we go to bed and always after my youngest granddaughter sits on them.  I am not sure why, but she is the only one who seems to get them topsie-turbie.

they last forever and really do save your upholstery fabric, or hide a bunch of sins.

My sister has the type that covers the whole sofa.  Her sofa is traditional and common.  It is easy to find a cover that fits well.  Her sofa is green and white, but her slip cover is wine colored.  It is not thin and you cannot see the sofa color through it.  

You have  to look really close to even guess it is a slip cover.  I would suggest you get a good one, one that fits well.  If not, it won't look nice.  It is cheaper than getting a new sofa and will extend the life of your furniture.

SureFit is a great brand.  They often have discontinued colors and styles on their website on clearance with reviews.