Honored Contributor

Re: Supercloth or microfiber cloths?

Neither.

I used to use microfiber but then I discovered DOC Clothes & have never looked back. HSN carries them so you should be able to watch a video about them. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

When I wash windows , and mine get very dirty because the lawn sprinklers tend to spray them, I wash first with hot soapy water and an old washcloth then I "rinse" them with a supercloth that I wet with hot vinegar water. They come out great and look very nice until the next time the sprinklers come on.

I don't understand what you mean ,you rinse them with a supercloth that you wet with vinegar.

I think she means, @goldensrbest, is that once most of the dirt is washed off by the first cleaning, then she wipes them with a Supercloth that she has wet with hot water into which she has put some vinegar.  In effect, the second wiping with the Supercloth is like a "rinse."

@151949

If these are your own sprinklers and not run by the HOA, it would be a good idea to adjust them so they don't hit the house at all.  I've read it's not ideal for spray to continually hit house walls, windows, or even fences. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

When I wash windows , and mine get very dirty because the lawn sprinklers tend to spray them, I wash first with hot soapy water and an old washcloth then I "rinse" them with a supercloth that I wet with hot vinegar water. They come out great and look very nice until the next time the sprinklers come on.

I don't understand what you mean ,you rinse them with a supercloth that you wet with vinegar.

I have a bucket of hot water and vinegar and that is where I rinse my supercloth out. The vinegar cuts the soap and prevents smearing, works beautifully. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I think she means, @goldensrbest, is that once most of the dirt is washed off by the first cleaning, then she wipes them with a Supercloth that she has wet with hot water into which she has put some vinegar.  In effect, the second wiping with the Supercloth is like a "rinse."

@151949

If these are your own sprinklers and not run by the HOA, it would be a good idea to adjust them so they don't hit the house at all.  I've read it's not ideal for spray to continually hit house walls, windows, or even fences. 

Unfortunely, they are controlled by the HOA - obviously not cared for well. But it is a mortal sin here to get caught fiddling with the sprinklers. My DH does try to occasionally adjust them on the sly. At least we don't have that rusty water some places have, that would be a real disaster. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased the supercloth and I don't like it at all.  I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I use on my mirrors they streak terrible.  I don't have that issue when using microfiber cloths.  IMO the supercloths are a waste of $$$

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I purchased the supercloth and I don't like it at all.  I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I use on my mirrors they streak terrible.  I don't have that issue when using microfiber cloths.  IMO the supercloths are a waste of $$$

@Pecky

Maybe some of us can be of help.

Are you using only water? I don't think they are intended to be used with any chemicals.

Are you wringing them out really good? Too much water in them will leave water marks.

Are you washing the windows mirrors when the sun is off of them? If I wash windows with any method or supply, if the sun is beating on them, I will get streaks.

Are you rinsing the cloth out....a lot...especially if the windows/mirrors are really dirty? Sometimes I can only get one window per cloth if they have a lot of dirt on them.

Are you wiping anything else in the process of doing the windows/mirrors, that might have any kind of oil or grease on it? I'm thinking some seals around windows, or even the framing inside or out that could have an oil (from the paint or the environment, or something similar).

Have you used the supercloth for wood or any other surface that may have it now holding some oils or chemicals and it needs to be washed in the washer in a little soap?

Don't know if any of that might help, but good luck!