Honored Contributor

Supercloth or microfiber cloths?

Do those of you who've used both find any differences in using them?

Are there any upsides to using one or the other for any specific uses such as dusting, cleaning mirrors or glass, or general scrubbing?

Any preferences to using them damp or dry or both?

I've never used a Supercloth but use microfiber cloths both damp and dry (one after the other) for dusting, as well as for other uses.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Supercloth or microfiber cloths?

I don't believe Supercloth is for scrubbing or heavy duty cleaning.  I've never used mine that way.  Mirrors, chrome, glass, etc.  It's a miracle for getting doggie prints off the sliding door.  I use it damp and it's the absolute best thing ever.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used both and give Supercloths two thumbs up.  I don't use them for heavy scrubbing either.  Glass, mirrors, TV and computer screens, granite and wood furniture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I suppose I ought to order some Supercloths, since several of you all say they are pretty amazing.  Microfiber has been good for glass, but I've never had occasion to call it amazing. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

I am also a major Supercloth fan.  I rarely use microfiber cloths.  Supercloth is the only way to clean mirrors; there's never a streak.  I also use it for dusting and cleaning off fingerprints.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those posting here are right, there are different uses for different cloths.

I always think of microfiber cloths for the same uses that we use old towels and washcloths. Scrubbing, mopping up spills, washing walls, cars, floors etc.

Supercloths and Bio Cleaner cloths, to me, are to be used with water only (no other chemicals) and they aren't absorbent like a towel. They are great for damp dusting, cleaning windows, mirrors glass, stainless steel appliances etc. I like them because I can go into a room, and wipe the dust off all furniture (whether it is wood glass etc.), use it on all the items I'm taking off the furniture, like knick nacks, books, vases etc. then move on to the mirror, the window, the glass door on the fireplace, the Tiffany lamp shades etc.

Just my personal preference, but Bio Cleaner and Supercloth, while interchangeable, differ in that I like the Bio Cleaner cloths for windows the most. They don't streak, even after lots of use, but my Supercloths will streak windows, when they get older and more worn.

I'm not the biggest fan of microfiber, but have found a couple of sets here I like more than the others. 

I am a huge fan of the Supercloth and Bio Cleaner cloths, though.

@GingerPeach

Esteemed Contributor

I have and use both. My favorite sre the microfiber cloths. I use them for everything from dusting (with and without polish) to wiping up after thd dogs to cleaning. Once they get old and show signs of wear and tear then I put them in the garage  for my husband to use. He can then toss them after those messy "fix it" jobs.

The supercloth are great for electroinic devices but the ones I usually still reach for are the microfiber.

The microfiber can be throw in the washer and dryer and come out like new. The supercloth (that I have) you rinse clean.

Not all microfiber and super cloths are same quality. The ones that I have purchased from QVC have been the best compared to what I have purchased at the stores.  

Honored Contributor

I have a set of SuperCloths from way back, and a huge collection of microfiber cloths.

I actually find that I reach for the microfiber cloths every time.

They are both good, though.   I just haven't found anything that the microfiber cloths would not work for, yet the Supercloths would.

Honored Contributor

When I wash windows , and mine get very dirty because the lawn sprinklers tend to spray them, I wash first with hot soapy water and an old washcloth then I "rinse" them with a supercloth that I wet with hot vinegar water. They come out great and look very nice until the next time the sprinklers come on.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

When I wash windows , and mine get very dirty because the lawn sprinklers tend to spray them, I wash first with hot soapy water and an old washcloth then I "rinse" them with a supercloth that I wet with hot vinegar water. They come out great and look very nice until the next time the sprinklers come on.

I don't understand what you mean ,you rinse them with a supercloth that you wet with vinegar.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.