Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super strong detergent/fabric softener/dryer sheets...HELP!!!

My neighbor uses something strong and I can smell it coming from her dryer vent also. Sickeningly strong. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I would think the smell is coming from the dryer vent as the clothes that have been rinsed in the new fabric softener beads are being dried.

I buy those beads, pour them into small containers, and hide throughout the house for scenting purposes.   I’ve never used them in the laundry.   

Now THAT is a tip I like. I use the Gain and Downy scent beads also, but never thought of using them for any other purpose. Great idea.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

While I don't mind lightly scents detergents, some of those dryer sheets are too strong. When I walk outside, the smell pours out of some dryer vents.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean.  I am super sensitive to scents and especially ones such as laundry products, cleaning products, air fresheners, candles and the like.  

I get as you printed --- physically sick.  Head ache, eyes watering, nose running, and feel like I am going be sick to my stomach.  And most importantly, it affects my breathing.

People who don't have these issues don't understand how badly these things can get to you.

I also have to use fragrance free laundry detergent and dry balls.  I miss using downy dry sheets - the old time ones, because I thought they used to make the laundry smell nice.  

But some of the newer stuff is like super, super over scented!  

I felt bad when I worked as I had to complain about candles and things people were using in the office.  It was truly making me ill.  

But if things are being used in other peoples' homes, I really don't think there is much you can do about that.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I went for a walk yeterday in the woods, at the end of the trail ,near homes  what did i smell? Yes,dryer sheets!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.