Regular Contributor

Super annoyed with FrostGuard

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty annoyed with my FrostGuard. I bought one in October 2015 along with the mirror guard (which were a separate purchase at that time.) Item number was V33445. I have a 2016 Ford Escape, and according to the vehicle guide on that item page, I ordered a standard. It doesn't cover my whole windshield but in talking with QVC reps at the time (after I got item) I was assured that it wasn't meant to cover the whole windshield and rather just enough so that we could see out. Fast forward to today, I went to order my dad one (now item v34186 which includes the mirror covers) - and I see on the vehicle guide on this item numbers that Ford Escapes 2013 or later (like mine) are recommended to get the XL size. What?! I'd really like to exchange mine for the bigger size given that I was told incorrect sizing. And since the snowflake design I have is a bit different than the one now, I'd like to return my old mirror covers as well. This really wasn't fair... Is there a QVC rep that can help me with this?

Edited to note that my dad's car needs the XL per the sizing guide as well, so it's not like I can just order a new one for my car and give him my old standard sized one...

Honored Contributor

Re: Super annoyed with FrostGuard

Perhaps you should place this under "Customer Care."

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Will do, thanks!

Valued Contributor

JB,

I'm sorry for your trouble.  Please forgive me for going off topic.  I just purchased a 2017
Ford Escape which I will get tomorrow.  Do you like yours?  I looked at the Rav 4, the Subaru, and the Honda CR-V but felt most comfortable in the Escape. I purchased the ES model and the only addition was 4 wheel drive. I"ve been driving my 2001 Toyota Solara since 2001 so there will be a lot of new bells and whistles for me to get used to.  I'm excited to get it. Although I have a garage, I was planning to purchase the Frostguard for when I have to go out and it's snowing or snow is in the forecast. To me, it doesn't seem that the size of the Escape would require the XL size of the Frostguard.  The vehicle just doesn't seem that large to my eye.  If you have time, please be kind enough to let me know what you like best about your Escape.  Also, please let me know of any negatves..  Thanks so very much and good luck with Customer Service.  Another thing, please let me know if I should purchase the XL size of  the Frostguard. Thank you so much.     docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

JB,

I'm sorry for your trouble.  Please forgive me for going off topic.  I just purchased a 2017
Ford Escape which I will get tomorrow.  Do you like yours?  I looked at the Rav 4, the Subaru, and the Honda CR-V but felt most comfortable in the Escape. I purchased the ES model and the only addition was 4 wheel drive. I"ve been driving my 2001 Toyota Solara since 2001 so there will be a lot of new bells and whistles for me to get used to.  I'm excited to get it. Although I have a garage, I was planning to purchase the Frostguard for when I have to go out and it's snowing or snow is in the forecast. To me, it doesn't seem that the size of the Escape would require the XL size of the Frostguard.  The vehicle just doesn't seem that large to my eye.  If you have time, please be kind enough to let me know what you like best about your Escape.  Also, please let me know of any negatves..  Thanks so very much and good luck with Customer Service.  Another thing, please let me know if I should purchase the XL size of  the Frostguard. Thank you so much.     docsgirl

I'd have probably snagged the Subaru, but that's why they offer so many different models...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

JB,

No worries going off topic. I don't mind. I can't speak for the 2017 escape, but I absolutely love my 2016 one! (My brother even went out the next week and got the same car when his died...yes, both of our cars died within a week of each other, can you believe it?) I had had a Hyundai Santa Fe that was 10 years old and I just didn't like the newer model of it. I didn't want a huge car but I wanted one big enough to be similar to what I had. I'm short and don't like sedans, so a small SUV was perfect. The escape is so comfortable, easy to drive, easy to park, everything. The navigation system is so user friendly as well. (I did not like the navy system in the 2015 model which I also looked at, but they revamped it for the 2016 model.) I also got 0% financing when I bought it which was a big plus. the windshield is also big so I can see really well out of it. That's probably why they changed the recommendation to the XL size FrostGuard. It standard size really was too small.

Valued Contributor

JB,

Thank you for replying and for the information.  I'm supposed to pick it up this week.  I, too, took the 0% financing.  Why not use someone else's money for free????Woman Surprised  When I test drove it, it felt as though it was made for me.  I was comfortable getting in and out and I liked the way it handled.  Thanks so much and thanks for the information regarding the FrostGuard.  Had you not told me, I would have purchased the regular size. Continue to enjoy your Escape.  I can't wait to get mine.

docgirl

Valued Contributor

You bought it last year.  I don't think you should expect an exchange.  I have a Honda Civic and mine doesn't cover the whole windsheild either.  I checked the measurements and both sizes are the same for height (measurement from grill to hood.  The standard size leaves a gap of 3 inches.  I sure would like to have the FrostGuard cover my whole windshield. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@saltysails wrote:

You bought it last year.  I don't think you should expect an exchange.  I have a Honda Civic and mine doesn't cover the whole windsheild either.  I checked the measurements and both sizes are the same for height (measurement from grill to hood.  The standard size leaves a gap of 3 inches.  I sure would like to have the FrostGuard cover my whole windshield. 

They are exchanging it. Their sizing chart was wrong last year and they corrected it for this year's model. The width is the issue with my car, not the height. I had asked about it back then and was told I got the right size for my car. I didn't after all, though, because their chart was incorrect. It's not even like it was a new version of the car - it was updated for models 2013 and later so it really was wrong. Very happy so far with my interactions with customer service on this issue.