Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions please ... sachet smell in cabinet

Well, they say open boxes of baking soda in the fridge helps with odors, so I would try putting several open boxes of them in your cabinet.  They are inexpensive and will not harm your cabinet.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

saw a concoction of mixing peroxide and baking soda  to wash pets who were sprayed by skunks, maybe this will work .

Honored Contributor

Four years ago we bought a cottage on Lake Superior which is closed up completely during the winter.  Every spring I have to deal with this odor and mold problem.  I'm taking notes, believe me.  Next week will be our first trip. First step is to run two dehumidiers.

Valued Contributor

Was just thinking...you could take dry baking soda in palm of hand or on cloth and spread it all over the inside of cabinet.  Just be careful on under sides or unpainted areas for splinters.  It is non toxic and has no odor.  Then vacuum it up after a few days to see if odor is gone.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

If charcoal helps get rid of skunk. I feel charcoal set inside with ventilation will work.  I might face fans into the piece.

@ECBG 

LOL.  She is not trying to blow it away.  She is trying to make it totally go away.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

If charcoal helps get rid of skunk. I feel charcoal set inside with ventilation will work.  I might face fans into the piece.

@ECBG 

LOL.  She is not trying to blow it away.  She is trying to make it totally go away.  

@Nonametoday 

The fan will disapate the odor.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Don Astlett's x/o odor spray. I have allergies and am very scent sensitive. I can use this spray. It's a concentrate so you can mix it stronger for stubborn ordors. I swear by this stuff. 

I would spritz the inside of the drawers and close them. I have also put a little in a small plastic bowl and let it sit inside and that works. I use baking soda powder on a lid or anything and let that sit inside a cabinet. 

It all depends on how strong and how long the sachet was used.

Hope one of these tips helps with the problem.

Respected Contributor

I have used Don Aslett's XO with great success.....when no longer available I used Odor-Ban and it really worked with a dog smell in a basement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   the only rose scent I like is from fresh flowers.  I cannot tolerate it perfumes.  Anyway, i am thinking to you Apple Cider vinegar and some baking soda.  Don't make a paste just add a little of bading soda with the ACV in warm water -- soak your sponge or cloth and wring out and wipe down.  if that does not give you relief, go online and Google.

I just read online that you can place a big bowl of Baking Soda inside the buffet, meaning lots of baking soda in big.  Also it was mentioned to leave the buffet out in the sun.  Another suggestion is bleach and water -- wipe down.  Good luck.

kindness is strength