Honored Contributor

Suggestions for Good Supportive Mattress Topper

Looking for a good recommendation for good supportive mattress topper for an old mattress.

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Good Supportive Mattress Topper

Allswell Energex 2" Foam Mattress Topper Infused with Graphite

I've never found anything better. Only Energex foam has the bouncy, supportive feel of latex. 

Super Contributor

We bought a new mattress two years ago and after a month knew it was an expensive mistake. I did not want to replace it so last year I bought the My Pillow three inch topper. My husbabd and I both love it. Affter several months we are still super pleased. It adds support and is a step above in a luxury mattress topper.

Floral Pillow
Esteemed Contributor

Concierge on HSN has some nice mattress toppers at reasonable prices.  I have an older version in my guest room.  It's not on our bed as we have a fairly new mattress.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    Tempurpedic is supposed to be the Cadillac of toppers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Allswell Energex 2" Foam Mattress Topper Infused with Graphite

I've never found anything better. Only Energex foam has the bouncy, supportive feel of latex. 

Upon further investigation of your suggestion, is this just a piece of foam that sits on top of existing mattress?  It did not appear in photos that there are any corner straps to keep it in place.  Just wondering if it slips around.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  I have a thin 100% cotton mattress pad with straps over the topper. As long as the fitted sheet has plenty of depth, everything stays in place.

Energex does not feel like memory foam. I've had this on my 48-year-old horsehair mattress for over a year and know I will never need to buy a different mattress as long as I have a topper that is bouncy like the Allswell.

I am a sidesleeper.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@rms1954  I have a thin 100% cotton mattress pad with straps over the topper. As long as the fitted sheet has plenty of depth, everything stays in place.

Energex does not feel like memory foam. I've had this on my 48-year-old horsehair mattress for over a year and know I will never need to buy a different mattress as long as I have a topper that is bouncy like the Allswell.

I am a sidesleeper.

Good info. I was thinking I could try that. Our mattress is old and I have back and muscle pain. My husband absolutely refuses to spend money on a good mattress. I was reading reviews online and they are great. And I can't believe the price. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  I know people who spent over $2000 on a mattress and are also using toppers. I can still remember the day in the 70s when I went to a mattress outlet and told the owner I wanted an extra firm mattress with a simple cotton cover. He asked, "Have you ever heard of horsehair?" I bought it for $100.

It's true that horsehair mattresses last forever. I've just had to change toppers as I've aged and needed a softer surface.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 Appreciate all your help and advice