Honored Contributor

Re: Stylish Eat-in Kitchen...

Don’t usually like grey in decorating, but this is nice. I would add some color accents - maybe deep red. I agree with most other posters that the chairs look uncomfortable. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stylish Eat-in Kitchen... (new pictures added)

[ Edited ]

For those familiar with Sarah Richardson, this is her work. This was the kitchen, breakfast area and adjoining family area she created in one of the homes from the Sarah's House show. This particular one was the 'new build' development house she customized for the show. You can just see the back of the sofa that separates the family room from the dining area. There was also a 'formal' dining room and a full 'rec room' in the below stairs area... Below, are a few more pictures of this space...

Personally, like others, I'm not fond of grey, but thought this was a very nice looking kitchen. I was less fond of the family area, but still think it came together nicely... As for the chairs, I've never been one to want to linger around a dining table, so they'd probably be comfortable enough to suit me... I do think the chairs are pretty, as is the table, but agree, beyond a certain period of time, the chairs would probably not be comfortable...

Related image

Related image

Related image

Image result for sarah's house season 4

Related image

Below is the family room area and you can see the 'formal' dining room abuts it...

Image result for sarah's house season 4

Related image

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Will see if I can find pictures of the rest of the house and post them separately.

Respected Contributor

Love it all! Rooms are well designed. Maybe if the colors were a bit lighter it would appear larger.
I do like it as is. Excellent work. Love the casual kitchen table and chairs! Perfect for that area.
Honored Contributor

That has MY name written all over it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I think it's beautiful and I don't mind the chairs either.

Honored Contributor

Do any of us live in homes that look like this? It's very pretty but everything looks staged and not particularly comfortable. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think this room was designed by my fave, Sarah Richardson. I loved her show on HGTV back in the day.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I think this room was designed by my fave, Sarah Richardson. I loved her show on HGTV back in the day.

@queendiva Yes, as I mentioned in post 22 this is the home from one of the Sarah's House series. You might recall the builder 'spec' house she upgraded. Other than her vacation homes, I think this was the last house she did that's been shown here in the states. I'd love to see that show return. It was among my favorite HGTV shows. Even when they were doing rooms that weren't of much interest to me, it was still good to watch. There were times I didn't share her aesthetic or agree with her choices, but overall, the houses she designed never failed to impress and Tommy and she were fun to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I like the 1st pic of the kitchen from that view point.  I think the custom shades would have been a better design with a bright pop of color, maybe yellow or coral pattern?  Then add a few coordinating pcs. of something similar to break up all the gray.

The family room is also appealing - looks comfy, but again add some pops of color.

@stevieb  thanks for adding more pics