Respected Contributor

Re: Stunning Beautiful Holiday Decor!

[ Edited ]

Ps and btw...That 2nd photo, those pumpkins, and that acorn, and that first witches hat (two different looks, of course but..) those are my favorites!

The witches hat is upper scale whimsical, like all MC items.

The pumpkins' color palatte and design I just love.

Trusted Contributor

Here's my Mr Moose...

7527BECC-A8B1-4E46-B673-B799C957BBF1.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@ECBG So funny...I was going to mention Mary Englebreit too, in my comment!

MC totally reminds me of ME! I used to be such a fan of hers...got her yearly calenders, still have some of her "Home Companion" books and every now and then I take one out and look through them. And while, that "style" was much more "in" when I first bought my home, and those books are that old...I still love a lot of the aesthetic. Honestly the current minimalist type trends that are in now bore the **** outta me...gray, gray, gray, straight lined, boring couches that ALL look the same, cookie cutter simplicity everywhere you look. Don't much follow "decor trends" but more what I like and what represents my love of romantic, shabby chic, cottage style and personal whimsy as well as sentimental items.

I may never have decorated with as much color as ME because I've always loved whites, creams, neutral shabby chic....but....I love pops of this kind of whimsy, always and forever. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

FYI....SHQ has MC shows all weekend....DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb 

When I taught Interior Design, I had a daily tear off calendar and saved the pages with their cute square of pics 3" x 4".

Beside my desk, I had an old wooden student typing desk (the county never got rid of much).

I wanted to cut out those pic squares and decopauge them on that table.  It would have been SO cute!  I stayed too busy! 

Mary Engelbreit 2020 Day-to-Day Calendar: Do the Breit Thing: Engelbreit,  Mary: 9781449496913: Amazon.com: Books

Respected Contributor

@ECBG omg...are you my spirit animal? Lol. I had those too! I used to keep some of the best pages too! And back then decoupaging tables with things like this was such "a thing" ...I often "dreamt" I might do it too, (not with ME, but with other ideas...postcards from favorite places, favorite greeting cards from people etc)...never did. Added to my still ongoing LIST of things "I might do" ha.

Haven't had one of those in over a dedade. 

She had great illustrations and cute quotes.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@ECBG omg...are you my spirit animal? Lol. I had those too! I used to keep some of the best pages too! And back then decoupaging tables with things like this was such "a thing" ...I often "dreamt" I might do it too, (not with ME, but with other ideas...postcards from favorite places, favorite greeting cards from people etc)...never did. Added to my still ongoing LIST of things "I might do" ha.

Haven't had one of those in over a dedade. 

She had great illustrations and cute quotes.

@amyb   I think you and I would get in a lot of trouble together.  I have no one to discuss color and design with.  I have designed clothes from the sketch to the mat board, muslin mock up to finish.  

My mind and eyes have always pulled out color.  I am the great grand daughter of the master carpenter and artist of Biltmore House.  Ethan Allen wanted me as a designer when I retired from teaching, but I wanted "hands on" not computer.

I have designed and worked with color since I was about 6.  I am now a master clothing stylist.

Are you near me?  I'm in NC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awww no but I wish I did. I'm in Ct.

Your credentials are fabulous. And your heritage. Always wanted to visit the Biltmore. It's "on my list." Smiley Happy

I don't have any such credentials as those...but have dabbled, in mostly self taught things. Started out in "Fine Arts" way back in the day in school...then switched to more "practical" communications...and then took many different paths.

But recently I did do some clothing styling in two boutiques I worked for, also as a fashion buyer, and merchandiser. Covid put an unexpected early end to the last boutique. Now I'm "retired" at least for now. I do miss it, I just love styling and aesthetics in everything always interest me...so when times feel safer I may dabble again..

Btw...I used to love Ethan Allen, and have bought some furniture there...these days not sure what things look like there.

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

Let me know when you come to see Biltmore House and I'll meet you the next day for lunch if I know ahead of time so I can be off.  I don't want to manage-their tasks are different than mine which is more creative!

We can have lunch at the Corner Kitchen, in Bon Appetite magazine 5 times.  Presidents have eaten there.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@amyb 

Let me know when you come to see Biltmore House and I'll meet you the next day for lunch if I know ahead of time so I can be off.  I don't want to manage-their tasks are different than mine which is more creative!

We can have lunch at the Corner Kitchen, in Bon Appetite magazine 5 times.  Presidents have eaten there.Smiley Happy

How sweet; that sounds like a fabulous plan! Sounds like you've lived a very creative and interesting life~would love to learn more; wish I'd stayed on that path earlier!

How are things in "Covid times" lately where you are? We've been noodling different southern plans, especially as it gets colder here...NC gets tossed around, but I think Spring is best for that...

I looked up that restaurant~looks wonderful~lots of great reviews.