Honored Contributor

Re: Stuck in a rut, or constantly moving?

In my home there is little choice in furniture placement, I do move some around minimally, on occasion. Wall art stays the same for years because I chose it because I loved  it and it fits the mood of my home, and it was not inexpensive, although I am considering changing out a piece in my bedroom right now, once I find what I want to replace it with as this one item doesn't fit well with the rest. I keep table things to a minimum also, just don't like a cluttered look, also don't want to spend my life dusting and cleaning all those small things (if the table needs dusted, so does the "stuff" sitting on it). Honestly, I think the days of knick knacks is behind us and I like it that way, at least for me it is. I like a more modern streamlined look in my home.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Stuck in a rut, or constantly moving?

@Kardi wrote:

One of the problems I have is that I want to make changes sometimes but I have pieces I've received as gifts and feel that I can't get rid of them even though I am sick of looking at them.  

Take them to the donation store.  Someone will love them.  You are NOT a museum.  You should be free to live with what you love.

Don't ask me how I know that. . .