Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

We moved out of our first house many, many years ago. An older couple bought it. I saw that it was for sale last year and looked at the photos of the inside that were posted online and was shocked to see that the only thing they changed was the carpeting!! All of the little extras we did were still there. The same wallpaper was still up in the kitchen!! Our finished basement (that we did) was still exactly the same! I guess we did one heck of a job way back in the 80's! 

That must have been strange to see!!!  That's a Deja vu moment!

Honored Contributor

I've always completely painted, papered and newly carpeted my homes before we move in. But my first home was an empty former rental unit, and was a hot mess. The home we are in now was occupied, but the guy made a ton of money and spent none on the house. In 1994, it still had all the original 1973 purple and pink shag carpet, was dirty and all painted inside with flat paint that was dirty. The outside aluminum siding had been 'touched up' in many areas, and all with whatever white or close to white paint he found in a dumpster somewhere. The place was a hot mess. 

I have seen homes for sale that I would just go in and deep clean and not change a thing. Some people just have good neutral tastes, are very clean and particular and if I like what they've done, I can't see spending money to change something that is already perfect!  I'll let y'all know if I find a house like that the next time we move! LOL