Esteemed Contributor

Since I now have Sciatica, I need to buy a new mattress. The local mattress stores are having a Memorial Day Sale. It would be more convenient for me to go there in a few weeks, but I don't know if the prices will be higher. I always ask for a get discounts, so I don't know if I need to buy sooner. I've purchased several mattresses from this store in the past - so I know they'll give me a good price any time I go. Do u believe these Holiday Sales?

Esteemed Contributor

Can you ask them to price lock it and if the price goes down within the next 45 days or so they will give you that price. Or you can lock in the price now and have it delivered at a later date.

Respected Contributor

So the next Holiday is 4th of July and there's more sales.

Labor Day Sale, Black Friday Sale, Holiday Sale

There's no shortage of sales in stores so I wouldn't worry so much.  Make sure wherever you buy a mattress, there's a 30 to 60 day sleep guarantee.

It's one thing jumping on the mattress in the store, it's actually sleeping on it at home that the mattress may seem different.

Esteemed Contributor

Casper mattress gives you 100 days to sleep on it and if you don't like they take it back! I got my brother one and he loved it. They shipped it in a box! When we opened it it expanded into a full matress. If I needed a mattress. I would get one of these. Good luck when you go get one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

So the next Holiday is 4th of July and there's more sales.

Labor Day Sale, Black Friday Sale, Holiday Sale

There's no shortage of sales in stores so I wouldn't worry so much.  Make sure wherever you buy a mattress, there's a 30 to 60 day sleep guarantee.

It's one thing jumping on the mattress in the store, it's actually sleeping on it at home that the mattress may seem different.

@Just Bling

I'm going to have them write the warranty on the receipt. No one could decide if a mattress is comfortable in the store.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Can you ask them to price lock it and if the price goes down within the next 45 days or so they will give you that price. Or you can lock in the price now and have it delivered at a later date.

@Meowingkitty

They don't show prices on the mattresses. You buy blind. They like it that way.

Respected Contributor
I just got a purple pillow from the commercial with Goldilocks and the purple mattress. I'll let you know how it goes. I might would try some new technology like that before the same old thing.
Esteemed Contributor

I went to one of the big mattress chains today - and they did have prices on the mattresses. They have a mattress where u lie down - and u answer a few questions. Then the computer tells u which range u fall into, ie, according to ur height, weight, pressure points, how u sleep, etc. Makes it so much easier for the salesman to direct u to the right mattresses. I saw one mattress that he recommended, $1,175. (less $100 discount) - on sale for the holidays. The salesman said the brand was Sherwood, made in Arizona. Tomorrow I'll drive to another mattress store - 1/2 hr from my house. I've purchased mattresses from them in the past. Then I'll decide which mattress and store to buy from.

Respected Contributor

Another source is any of the warehouse stores if you are a member?

But, I would agree going local on a mattress is probably the better way to buy.

Trusted Contributor

If you go to a mattress store, the sale price is never their bottom line price.  They always dicker on prices.  They know what the best price being offered is, online and around town.  And that's usually what your final price will be.

Never accept the price on the tag.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"