Honored Contributor

Re: Still packing up Christmas, need a little boost!

I have a rule. If I can't take it down in one day, it's too much. Lol. Glad you're feeling better. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 brii said: I have a rule. If I can't take it down in one day, it's too much. Lol. Glad you're feeling better. Smiley Happy

The older I get, the less I march to other people's rules, but I'm agreeing with you totally! If I had more space in the basement, I'd be able to pack into tubs, stack and go in one day easy. As it is, I'm putting (cramming and jamming actually!!) two closets full into one, so it takes a bit of creative packing and stacking, that takes up most of the time!

I'd love to get the whole put up and take down condensed into a one day only affair. I'll work on that!

Honored Contributor

Going on 10 pm and almost done. Got a nice pile of trash out of it all by condensing some of the packing and got rid of one garbage bag full of stuff to donate. Not going to sleep until it is complete!!

Contributor

If it makes you feel any better, I still have my tree up. Bought a new artificial tree this year and it is so pretty I hate to take it down. I have a free evening later this week and I guess I will have to face reality and take it down. I miss the days when the Super Bowl was in Jan and the custom was to leave the tree up through that weekend.

Respected Contributor

My Christmas decor is not put away yet either. We travel out-of-state for the holidays and I came home with bronchitis. I only started feeling human two days ago and I have a ton of laundry and house cleaning chores to catch up on. I have taken all the Christmas decorations down, but I haven't had the extra energy needed to get all the totes packed away into storage.

Here's hoping you are able to finish your tasks as quickly as you want.

Honored Contributor

Don't feel bad. I really have no valid reasons to offer, and haven't done much in the way of packing away Christmas either... I'll get to it when I get to it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Don't feel bad. Been putting our Christmas decorations away for about a week now, and still not finished. Got a cold a couple of weeks ago and just starting to get my energy back. Actually, after Christmas is the time I really get to enjoy them, since before I'm usually too busy, so in no hurry to pack them away.
Super Contributor

I am not done either, almost though. I love Christmas and drag it out, but am ready to be done.
Respected Contributor

I have a couple Christmas displays that are going to stay up at least another month.

I love looking at them!

Contributor

Since it's just my (retired) DH & I, I tend to procrastinate endlessly. The lights really made the evenings bright and so the tree always stays up until the end of the month or first week of Jan. It looks kind of dim now.

Since I like to be the only one to pack things up mainly because I want to know where everything is it takes a lot longer here.

I scored 2 outdoor tree's for next year on a great sale and can't wait to set them out earlier than my inside tree for this coming Christmas.

Ladies if you are still looking at gifts in corners not put in their places I am there too.

Happy New Year.....