Super Contributor

Thanks for all the ideas!  More to think about...  I'm leaning towards this:

trellis.jpg

As one of you mentioned, it's more of a transitional pattern which is why I chose it.  (For some reason my sister seems to think it's modern.)  I found a wallpaper like this design, which I'm sure would be easier, but the stencil is like $30 as opposed to several hundred dollars for the wallpaper.  Now that I'm retired, my disposable income is limited. Woman Sad 

I like the idea of the chair rail, but  would it look weird on just one wall?

I'll make up my mind eventually, and I'll post the results!

Thanks again!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 If it were me I would put a long narrow piece like shelving or a sofa table on the wall then put large candles or whatever on it and raise the pictures.

That way you could use it to hold things when you use the table.  It wouldn't have to be expensive--home goods or thrift store find.  

Super Contributor

@Kachina624, I usually use Firefox, but when I started experiencing the logging in problem, I tried  Microsoft Edge and it did the same thing.  So I just waited a few days, the problem quit and I posted about the stencils and then got THIS yesterday:,

Website blocked due to riskware

Website blocked: www.qvc.com

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

Now everything seems to be working again.  Isn't technology great??  Robot tongue

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

If I wanted a look like that I'd go with wallpaper. 

That's a lot of stenciling and a lot of work, not to mention all the measuring that would need to be done prior.

Valued Contributor
A chair rail I'd put around the whole room. That might be enough 'pizazz' for you along with maybe some wall art or decorative pieces (wood, metal) maybe you could get in a similar pattern to the stencil you're looking at. Again going with your traditional room style/vibe.

Or since you said you're retired & if have the time, stencil away to your heart's content! Do what makes YOU happy!

Respected Contributor

@caroln242  I have the stripe design in my foyer and ajoining powder room. I have had it for 15 years and still love it today maybe because it is suttle. We just painted in flat paint, measured out the stripes and painted in the same color only gloss.