Respected Contributor
I am watching the Stay Premiere home show w/ Mary and Stacy Garcia. Her line seems nice. I ordered the printed spa blue cotton sheet set. Anyone else watching and liking her things?
Honored Contributor

Yawn.  Very ordinary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hi KKlim, I wasn't watching but I looked them up.  They look very nice and I love sateen sheets.  They sleep very dreamy.  Linens help make the home comfy and cozy, and are one of my weaknesses.

Respected Contributor
@Sweet Chatlotte .. yes, I agree about linens! She is having another show at 10pm w/ Jane. Interested in looking to see what other designs she has. We'll see..
Honored Contributor

I did not get to see the show, but looked up everything on line and love her color palette! Very pretty. The sheets look really nice, as well as the Shag Rug, and pillows. The Blanket looks super nice as well for those wanting a lightweight blanket....Will try to catch her late show!

Esteemed Contributor

Watched for a while....but honestly wasn't impressed....

and constantly heard "high end"....and "luxury" which i wasn't really seeing.........

Honored Contributor

One price for all size sheets, I don't think so. I'm not subsidizing the larger sheet sizes so the Q can offer the sheets at a lower price. The sheets look nice, but let's all pay our fair share.

Regular Contributor

I feel the same way about clothing. Why should smaller sizes pay the same as those ordering plus sizes.

Honored Contributor

Who is Stacy Garcia anyway?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Stay by Stacy Garcia

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

One price for all size sheets, I don't think so. I'm not subsidizing the larger sheet sizes so the Q can offer the sheets at a lower price. The sheets look nice, but let's all pay our fair share.

@blackhole99  Interesting.  Do you feel the same way about clothing (including bras, and outerwear), and shoes/boots?

Of all the components that go into a price, fabric is actually the least expensive thing, by a wide margin.  Machinery, electricity to run the machinery, shipping, electronic components, labor, etc. are all higher cost components.  Consumers sometimes think, my size should be less expensive than their larger size.  But should it really, when that could be mere pennies difference, if that at all?  It's surprising, but the fabric difference across the same product is not driving true expenses or costs.  Some retailers price that way, because it greatly helps their bottom line. 

Conversely, when I see retailers that DO break pricing by size, they are getting far more in their profit margin from the consumer than they should.  That's where the rip-off really is.

I definitely will not pay the same price of my 55" TV as a store's 30" TV.  Those components are truly incrementally more expensive in the final product. 

Sorry for rambling.  Charge it to my price economics courses in college, and once working for a major retailer in their product development offices.