Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Product Design & Decor (@homeadore_decor) on Instagram: “Alternating-steps Stairs by Michael Anastassiades  via @homeadore”

These are just plain stupid! 

I hope the person that lives in the house with these stairs has no kids or grandkids, isn't elderly,  and is completely sober at all times.

Honored Contributor

Gaudi (Barcelona)

Image may contain: indoor

Esteemed Contributor

What great ideas for stairs! 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

Esteemed Contributor

I think they would be cute if you had a few steps outside, but I wouldn't want them in the house.

Esteemed Contributor

I just had my shower stall, bathtub surround and floor in master bathroom/walk-in closet tiled --- looks beautiful. I'm now in the process of having my staircase tiled. In the 2nd pic, the top of the steps is similar to what I chose --- greyish porcelain plank tiles with a design thru each tile - which makes it look like wood. This is the same tile that I put down on the floor in my bathroom area/walk-in closet. On the face of each step, I'm putting small colorful rocks (this was put on the bottom of my shower stall). This last week, my tile guy removed the old carpet from the staircase and had to sand down the top of each step - as it came out further to give that rolled carpet look. He put down Hardibacker (the board that the tile will be cemented to).This week the tile goes on.

This past week, my house looked like a dust storm rolled thru. A bit aggravating - but I know it will be worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I could do this.... my stairs are right off my diningroom. I can just imagine them full of table linens, which is one of my guilty pleasures.  I

stairs with drawers.jpg

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of creatiivty and color.  Many are outdoors.  The few indoors look okay to me.  They sure do beat the same ol one shade or pattern of carpeting. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

My favorite look is the Mexican tiles on the stair risers.  

Honored Contributor