Respected Contributor

I think it is a great idea!

Honored Contributor

What bothers me more are the drapes puddled on the floor.

Honored Contributor

I like it and think it is a good use of space, but I agree for eye pleasing it needs to be more organized...

I would want my books very organized so that it is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.....It could work, but would be a job to keep organzied and clean of dust!

I love books, so this does appeal to me.

Esteemed Contributor

It's an okay use of the space if you never intend to read some of those books that seem impossible to reach.

Honored Contributor

I think it is a great use of space, and I like to have my books close.  Can see picking one to read as I went up to bed.

To my taste, I would arrange and space them differently.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Agree with everyone that it utilizes space well.  The problem is the owner has stuffed it rather haphazardly.  Very large, massive bookcases look much better with "breathing room".   I adore and have always collected books, but it's possible to arrange them more gracefully.  Leaving artful spaces, and interspersing with a few select objects or sculptures, would upgrade the look...

Respected Contributor

C R O W D E D  -

I WOULD NOT HAVE THAT IN MY HOME....

but ---

to each their own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Staircase Bookshelves

[ Edited ]

I agree looks messy....but I would like to see another angle of the room....I thought behind that board/wall there were stairs going up to the top which would make getting a book a bit easier...but like others have said....no design in positioning the books should have some books laying on their side and add in a few decorative objects here and there on the shelves.....etc etc

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I like the idea.  Easy enough to use a "grabber" device to retrieve a book.

Honored Contributor

The books that are low may be read.  The high books are only a "design statement" and may not be real books at all.

The room is modern which I was never really drawn to unles it was a Frank Lloyd Design like the "Water Fall house which was built by a family who loved the location they "brought the inside in".

See the source image

See the source image

Still, I don't care for the decor on the inside.