Respected Contributor

Stainless steel appliance cleaners

WHat is the best way to clean stainless.  My appliances have weird looking marks after I wipe down with water only cleaning clothes.  Looks like something dripped and left a stain...

Honored Contributor

Re: Stainless steel appliance cleaners

I use bamboo cleaning cloths.

Honored Contributor

Our contractor recommended Zep Stainless Steel Polish from Home Depot. I have been using it since 2011 and love it.Zep Stainless Steel Polish, 16 Oz | Bakedeco

Esteemed Contributor

414EE687-6AEF-4251-AA72-667DA0661394.pngHands down the best for stainless and windows. I’ve tried it all and this is all I use now. My friend had a stain and I gave her one of these and she said with elbow grease and just this towel wet did it. She is now a fan. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After you give them a good cleaning with whatever you use to clean your stuff, use furniture polish on them to get them to shine and look streak-free. You can also wipe them down with a light coating of mineral oil. I worked in a small restaurant kitchen long ago and we would wipe down the steel appliances with mineral oil to make them look nice.

eta- Lemon oil works well also.

Honored Contributor

What the user manual recommends works for me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I use a small amount of olive oil on the part that looks like a stain and then rub in, back and forth, until dry...following the grain of the stainless steel

Honored Contributor

Mine look far from perfect but microfiber cloths help.

Contributor

I use " Invisible Glass" in the spray bottle. I  purchased from the Q, but now I order from Amazon. I use a microfiber cloth. It does a nice job on all my appliances and windows.

Honored Contributor

Yup, use any kind of ss cleaner, but the key is to do a final wipe down with a microfiber cloth going in with the grain. Walla, perfection!

"Pure Michigan"