Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Will be praying that everything goes smoothly and finish this process for you.🤗♥️🙏

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'd prefer to look at a house empty. It allows you to see the stuff that people can and will hide. 

I don't mind looking at a listed home that is just plain lived in by the current owners, and I can see beyond their stuff and style as long as it is not overly full.

Where I live, and the housing market here, I would never find value in paying someone to stage my home. I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, but I would prefer to do it myself, if I thought it needed done at all. Houses here sell just fine when clean and neat. They really don't have to be staged professionally to move, and at a good price for the area as well.

Honored Contributor

I believe staging a home is for million dollar homes.  The average person does not have $7,200 to stage.  Selling a home is a lot of work.  Your home has to be in tip top shape all the time.  Beds made, bathrooms clean, kitchen clean.  you always hope your homes sells quickly,

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The way the housing marker is currently - at least in my area- staging isn't necessary.  Houses that go on sale are getting multiple offers well above asking as soon as they go on the market.