Esteemed Contributor

Re: Squirrels on the Mantel

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee wrote:

Squirrel QVC-2.jpg

@Regal Bee~ I love your cute squirrels, they look so realistic from your pix's! Curious minds want to know though, would you mind sharing where you got those acorns? Love them, too!

BTWyou have a lovely knack for grouping things so pretty in your home. 💛 

Respected Contributor

@LIG1  Thank you!

I bought the acorns at a local gift shop several years ago. Check out Michael's...they have some darling ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Those are cute. Not the live kind in my yard though. I just "relocated" ten squirrels from my property a couple of months ago. I have to do this about every few years because their numbers get out of control. Very destructive little guys.

Et tu, @SilleeMee??  Smiley Sad

Image result for sad squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Squirrels on the Mantel

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee, Such gorgeous displays you've created.  You have such a decorating talent. 

I also enjoy having squirrels all over our property.  We are in the country and they are everywhere.  

I took this pic outside my window just this morning.  

♡♡♡♡♡

@mistriTsquirrel

@CAMOGIRL

@pattypeep

@mousiegirlScreenshot_2017-08-15-22-08-20.png

Respected Contributor

These are the kind of squirrels I see mostly around here in Tucson (Round Tailed Ground Squirrel)

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Those are cute. Not the live kind in my yard though. I just "relocated" ten squirrels from my property a couple of months ago. I have to do this about every few years because their numbers get out of control. Very destructive little guys.

@mistriTsquirrel,

I'm sorry. I did not intend to offend anyone. This was not, and never is, an easy thing for me to do. I just cannot afford to repair my house every time the squirrels damage it which has cost me hundreds of dollars. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Regal Bee, Such gorgeous displays you've created.  You have such a decorating talent. 

I also enjoy having squirrels all over our property.  We are in the country and they are everywhere.  

I took this pic outside my window just this morning.  

♡♡♡♡♡

@mistriTsquirrel

@CAMOGIRL

@pattypeep

@mousiegirlScreenshot_2017-08-15-22-08-20.png

@SHOPR  The squirrel looks like a statue. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  It was actually a pair of young squirrels playing and each one came up and did the same thing to the concrete rabbit.  I videoed them over four minutes.  It was so funny.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel,

I'm sorry. I did not intend to offend anyone. This was not, and never is, an easy thing for me to do. I just cannot afford to repair my house every time the squirrels damage it which has cost me hundreds of dollars. 

They want to be warm and safe, @SilleeMee.  People cut down trees and squirrel folks go lookin' to squat in a nice, warm house like yours.  

Image result for squirrel playing a violin

When you need a place to keep your young ones safe, away from predators, and the trees around you are all taken, what can you do?

Image result for squirrel crying

Times are tough out there.  Gotta be good to your squirrel-friends, and they will be good to you.

Image result for life debt squirrel

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Screenshot_2017-08-15-22-08-20.png

@SHOPR  That squirrel is clearly telling that rabbit a secret.

Or trying to nibble on that rabbit's ear.

Not sure which.

heh