Honored Contributor

Those are cute. Not the live kind in my yard though. I just "relocated" ten squirrels from my property a couple of months ago. I have to do this about every few years because their numbers get out of control. Very destructive little guys.

Honored Contributor

Re: Squirrels on the Mantel

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee wrote:

I love squirrels......decorative ones, that is. Not the real ones. Here are my cuties on the family room mantel. Loving Fall.

Squirrels.JPG

@Regal Bee  I also have quite a few larger squirrels that I decorate with, and some small, and some in my fairy gardens, inside. but I do like real squirrels, so cute. Smiley Happy

I watched a squirrel prune my pine tree and make a nest in it the other week, so am excited to be seeing baby squirrels at some point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee  Those are just too cute !! I love the live squirrels, too. I have been feeding them for the 17 years we have lived in our current home. One year there was one that was so tame that we named him Gus. Turned out she had babies, so renamed her Gussy. She would come up on my deck and watch me do stuff and I would shuck peanuts for her because I didn't want the shells all over. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

They look real.

Super Contributor

@Regal Bee Did you get these at Hobby Lobby this year? I have a family member who loves squirrels and chipmunks and I would take the drive to Hobby Lobby because she would love these!

Trusted Contributor

Very cute!

I was never really into squirrels until my little one started watching Peter Rabbit on tv.  There is a funny squirrel character named, "Nutkin."  Every time she sees a squirrel, she calls it "Nutkin" (instead of squirrel).  So, when we went for a visit upstate last month, we saw a cute squirrel garden statue.  I bought it for her and now her "Nutkin" is proudly displayed on our retaining wall.

I'm sure the next step will be to bring some Nutkins inside for display! Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

Those are really cute, never been to a hobby lobby,don't know if there is one around me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Zsazsa  I bought these squirrels last year but it is still worth taking a look. Sometimes they repeat items for a couple of years.

Respected Contributor

Love squirrels too!

Real and fake! Feed mine outdoors with the birds... and have a few setting around inside and outside too,  just because they're cute.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I know many places people love to feed and watch the squirrels, but be careful!

We live in the country, near big woods, and honestly I see fewer squirrels here than when we lived in town near a large park. I always guessed it was because of the woods, here, they tended to stay more in there.

But my mom feeds the birds, and no feeder she has tried keeps the squirrels out and away. In addition, they have actually come up to the enclosed front porch, torn the screens open and gotten inside. 

They crawl under vehicles in the driveways here, and chew the wiring under the hood. 

They are extremely destructive, so those that are enjoying them just beware that an overpopulation of them can get out of control very quickly, and they can cause a lot of damage.