Respected Contributor

I went to Michaels to look at spring wreaths for the front door.  They were pricey ($59) and didn't look that great, to me.

Found the Bethlehem lights wreath here and ordered one.  The yellow and white is gone; I got the red/orange mix. 

http://www.qvc.com/Bethlehem-Lights-Battery-Op.-20-Daisy-Wreath.product.H202432.html?sc=H202432-CSWB...

Esteemed Contributor

Love daisies. So springy. My weakness, though, is berries ~ any season of the year. I bought a wreath from pier1.com when I received a 20% off coupon. It's gorgeous on my dining room table with one of valeries wire hurricanes sitting inside with a luminar candle inside that.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I find wreath shopping difficult.  My front door gets full sun in the afternoon and most wreaths fade.  I get a season or two out of them.  The wreath you selected looks nice and full.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I find wreath shopping difficult.  My front door gets full sun in the afternoon and most wreaths fade.  I get a season or two out of them.  The wreath you selected looks nice and full.

That's exactly why after 40 years I no longer hang a wreath on my front door.....fixed income helped with my decision!!

Honored Contributor

I bought the stuff I needed from Hobby Lobby & made my own.

Wreath100 3718

Trusted Contributor

happygal, you made a good choice.  Very pretty!

I do the same, nightowlz.  Hobby Lobby has some really nice, inexpensive wreaths that you can decorate any way you want.  I have one for each season.

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty @Nightowlz.  I admire your talent!

Honored Contributor

I have trouble ever finding a wreath I can say I totally love. They are so expensive, that I don't want to buy one I just 'like', so I rarely buy one. 

I just pretty much do without, or use the ones I do find that I "love" until they are no longer so lovable!

@Another new name Sue Enjoy your new wreath. There is nothing like freshening up the entryway to one's home.

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring wreath

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  Thank you.  I am in CA where we are suffering drought even tho' some parts of the state are getting rain, Southern CA is not.  So I won't be planting any annuals this spring, probably.  The wreath can be a substitute.

I agree it's hard to find pretty wreaths.  Most at Michaels were just gobs of flowers all around.  I like a wreath with a center of interest or some interesting features other than fake flowers (like @Nightowlz wreath with the bow).  The QVC wreath is pretty much just flowers all around, but I'm happy with it and the price.  Might have found it cheaper in a store, but I get sick of running around and around and around! 

Respected Contributor

I've been looking for a wreath too, bought a tulip one from pier one but returned it, looked at Michaels and Hobby Lobby and Joann and still not seeing what I like.