Trusted Contributor

How do you change up your home for Spring?  I take out a new flower arrangement I have for Spring.  What's yours?

spring.jpg

Trusted Contributor

or do you hang out a Welcome Spring wreath?  That's a thought.

spring wreath.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'd write this in yellow just like the daffs in your image but you'd not be able to see it. This crop of daffs is just like the eal ones that have been blooming this week DESPITE the change of colder temps back again over night and in the mornings here. I love daffoldils, so many varieties and color combos. I love the 'construction' if you will, they're like little faces shining in the sun!

So I change my three bedrooms to reflect each season with different colors & patterns of quilts that I collect. Yes I said collect!!! I have an insane collection, my 3rd floor attic area which is a huge total finished room in itself. They all hang on two steel racks my husband installed for me. I've begun that process already in fact last Sunday in our master. I've already picked out the other two for the spares. 

Downstairs I change out the drapes, comforter and throws in our living room too as well the drapes at our from door which has a long narrow side window too. We've wall to wall carpet again now otherwise prior to this I changed out the area rug to go with in the living rm & entrance hallway.

Esteemed Contributor

everything stays the same here.....except i burn a lighter scent candle!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring has sprung

[ Edited ]

I change the floral basket on the front door the day before Easter.

Change all bedding.

Swap heavy throw blankets and pillows for lighter ones

Buy fresh tulips.

ETA: Yes, burn lighter scented candles.

Honored Contributor

I pull out bouquets of flowers and ribbon and put it with my primitives. 

This is the Dining room.  The jelly server is over 150 years old. 

20210320_204017.jpg

Honored Contributor

I usually clean the inside windows and I will try to do the outside.  I have difficulty breathing so everything I do is a huge chore because I become short of breath.  Anyway, I do try.  I start buying fresh flowers to bring into the dining/living room area.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Love your jelly server -- beautiful wood.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

In the spring I use lighter color throws and pillows on my sofas. I made that switch on Saturday. I laundered and put the dark plaid ones away in my cedar chest. I will also switch to a spring tablecloth and centerpiece on my dining table the day before Easter. 

Honored Contributor

Come spring, I take down my greens and pine cones and the couple of snow men things, and put back to just 'regular' decor. I don't have anything spring, and only a couple of neutral rabbit pieces to give a nod to Easter. 

I just never find 'spring' things to use in decor that I like. I don't like pastels in home decor so that tends to limit it. 

I will, around Memorial Day, get out the tiny box of Americana things I have and do just two vignettes that will stay up till after Labor Day.