Respected Contributor
On 4/21/2014 twopeas said:

I almost bought one, but the handle seems wobbly and didn't look like it would be firm if you wanted to really scrub a spot. For those that have one, is the handle sturdy?

The problem most people have is remembering where to hold the spin mop when it is spinning in the bucket. Most people hold it on the top of the stick which is incorrect. You must hold it in the center where the plastic spins when the mop spins. If you hold the mop at the top of the stick, the mop stick will become detached from the mop head when it spins in the bucket. This does take a bit of time to remember where to hold the mop but after you do it, the mop works well.

I used to clean my mop in the laundry sink after each cleaning area. The bucket keeps the mop cleaner. I often change the water when cleaning the ceramic floors in my home. You can dump the dirty water in the toilet or spill the water outside down a drain.

When I use the carpet cleaner I spill the dirty water down the toilet.

The bucket when filled is still heavy and might be difficult for some so perhaps if there was someone around when you needed to fill and change the water, that would be great.

Trusted Contributor

I love mine. I either fill it at the tub and empty in the toilet or fill and empty at the utility sink, whichever is closest.

Don't fill it so full if you don't want it to be heavy. You don't need much water unless your floors are really dirty. Just change it more often if you use less water.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

Is this sold on every shopping network???

Honored Contributor

This sounds too complicated for this old lady. LOL!

Honored Contributor

This thread is making me want to get one. I never seem to get my floors really clean. And I'm past the stage of me scrubbing and on my knees. So I'm wondering. Which version should I get? I looked at Amazon. There are a couple of versions of the one I've seen in the commercial. Can anyone recommend one?

EDIT Looks like HSN has one! Does the Q?

Respected Contributor
This was one of the worst purchases I ever made. I could not get the mop handle to work correctly so it falls apart when using. The bucket is heavy also. If I used it I would use the tub to empty it. I have the Shark Sonic Duo Cleaner for my tiles and I love it. Costco has it on sale right now. I love mine.
Honored Contributor
On 4/21/2014 conlt said: This was one of the worst purchases I ever made. I could not get the mop handle to work correctly so it falls apart when using. The bucket is heavy also. If I used it I would use the tub to empty it. I have the Shark Sonic Duo Cleaner for my tiles and I love it. Costco has it on sale right now. I love mine.

I'm thinking of the Shark also. I've read reviews of the spin mop. They keep breaking. Either the foot pedal or the handle.

Respected Contributor
Yes the spin mop was a total disaster for me because of the handle plus the full bucket is so heavy. I paid at least $50 more for my Shark than Costco has now but I love it. Actually I have 4 parrots and cleaning their room is a snap with the Shark.
Trusted Contributor

If I could use the steam mop I think I would prefer it but no way am I chancing it on my newer hardwood floors. We were told not to and I don't want to hurt them. I used a steam mop on my old vinyl and my husband is convinced that's what hurt the vinyl. I don't know. I would not worry about steam on ceramic tile though. I love the whole idea of using steam to clean.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

Wow so many issues with the handle on this thing? Why? Did you make sure you twisted the pole tight? I have never had any problems with that. Also I fill the bucket up in my kitchen using my spray attachment from my faucet. I got mine on ShopHQ. Was a one time only on 5 monthly payments and free shipping. Was under $30 too!!! Easy peasey!!!! I look forward to mopping now.