Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of purging - did 2 pantries today🙀🙀🙀

homedecor--you are my hero!!!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

I just hate to empty the closets when we paint.  I have all of the insides of my closets painted white for this reason.  It makes them nice and light and easy to find things in there and when I paint the room again, I don’t need to paint the inside of the closet again.

i am getting new carpet on my stairs and in three bedrooms this spring, so we are painting the hallway and one bed room as soon as I get the paint.  All three BR’s are furnished, so I have no idea where everything is going to go while the rooms are carpeted.  Also, I have walk in closets in two bedrooms that need to be cleared out to get carpet in there. I have clothing on hangers that have to be taken out and put somewhere where they won’t get wrinkled, then put back in when the carpet is done.

i have never done all of this at one time before and I am getting anxiety over just thinking about it.

We had the old fashioned unfinished type of hardwood installed on my first floor years ago and everything needed to be gone...even my kitchen cabinets and countertops.  We stored everything in the garage for two weeks. Then had to move it all back.

This time all the work will be done on the second floor with no empty room to store everything in.  I hope the flooring installation will new done over several days, so we can move things in and out of the rooms as they are completed.

@homedecor1  I am sure you will be all done with your project before I even start mine.  It will be really nice to start fresh with everything up to date, clean and uncluttered and fresh. You will be able to sit back and enjoy your handiwork.

@Carmie

We are getting ready to have a big portion of my mom's house carpeted, and we are going to have to be quite creative to move all the furnishings into the couple of rooms that won't be getting done, so I feel your pain.

You can tell the company doing your work how you want it done. If you need it broken into two or three days, tell them you want it done that way.

I'm already planning where things will go during the carpet tear up and lay down. Don't forget you have spaces like bath tubs and showers, where you can temporarily put items, on top of beds in rooms that you won't be tearing down and in my mom's case, she has a three seasons room that we will utilize for a lot of furniture being moved. We will be utilizing my attached garage (next door to her house) for some things as well.

This is a lot of work, but the results will be so worth it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today's laugh because we are both going a little nutty... I swear I could be the next Roseanne (remember her show???) thanks to my spouse🙄😉.  believe me he means well!!!

It's a beautiful and sunny day here who wants to empty closets, cabinets, etc. NOT ME I want to be poolside!!!

Went to church came home -- my husband moved everything into my LR/DR are & my frig & stove are in the middle of my kitchen.

I'm like geez we have til 8 am what's the hurry🤔🤔

I don't see him but smell Mr. Clean (which is my new perfume!) he is behind the fridge washing the floor..I said what are you doing?  he said: what's it look like I'm doing washing the kitchen, utility and den floors...

me:  are you nuts they're chopping these floors up tomorrow?

him:  well they needed it!!! omg he's getting worse than me!!! and i was laughing so bad i just shook my head & walked away!!!

Put my swimsuit on and left...still shaking my head!

this is my idea of getting ready for contractors:

96F0C7A7-34F6-4DEF-BC61-DC90F59D9FD0.jpeg

I think we are both going a little insane🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1. Your hubby must be related to my MIL.  When my DH was a young boy, the government took all of the homes in his neighborhood and planned to knock them all down and build large apartment buildings for low income people.

On moving day and  everything was out of the house, she was in the kitchen scrubbing the floors.  She said she didn’t want to leave a dirty house because someone might go in and talk about her if they saw them.

On the other hand, every other month or so, I move my stove and fridge and clean under and behind them.  It always looks pretty bad under them. There is a ton of dirt and dog hair that I vacuum and then wipe up the floors after.  If anyone would see it, i’d be embarrassed.  Those appliances attract every dust ball out there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie

absolutely that was his justification of doing it!  It was just kinda funny - I could see passing the vacumn but he was on his hands & knees cleaning.  (He does it every month because it does get dirty)

at the dinner table tonight and we both looked at each other and said "It's only day 1 and we're already looney,". Then he pointed out the stuff in the house that's "old & tired" decor.  I said "I like that!" He said " well the 1980s are calling time for the donation center!"  Sounds good to me just get your $$$ out for new stuff!😀

If you knew my spouse he doesn't part with $$$ that easy so I'm striking while he's in the mood!!!