Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of entryways and foyers....

I love the area,its' decor and furnishings are lovely and appealing.  The wall paper is beautiful and catches your eye right away.  In the fifties, my mom had a mural painted on one wall in our living room.  It was a scene of Italy and I loved it.  It was there for a long time and always looked fresh and appealing. This post reminded me of it.

Honored Contributor

dont really like anything about this space. too cluttered, especially with the wallpaper. it almost looks more like an entryway to a restaurant or spa than in a home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I really like the wallpaper. It reminds me of a Jane Austen novel, and I think it adds a lot of visual interest to the room.

I would remove the stools and leave just the flower arrangement on the round table to give the room a less fussy look.
Respected Contributor

I like the wallpaper and flooring. The rest looks dated and pretentious. Almost reminds me of an upscale Trading Spaces room. 

Esteemed Contributor

This entryway is very strange to me. It looks like a variety of furniture was pulled from other rooms and plopped in the foyer. And I'm confused with the topiary/urn sitting on top of a piece of furniture - another "plop" to me!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Too much clutter and too ornate for me.

I find this to be true of many of them.

Honored Contributor

It is too formal for me, but I do like the wallpaper....

Honored Contributor

It's funny how so many of you see "formal".  To my eye it's definitely over the top, but in a funky kind of way.  I don't care for formal much at all, but as I said earlier, I really like this.

Honored Contributor

I don't get worrying about style unless you are a very trendy person.

I like the urns by the door, but the rest of the furniture is far too small scale for this space, and it is way too cluttered.  

Honored Contributor

I like the wallpaper and the flooring (tile?).  

BUT - dusting all that "extra" furniture - keepng the plants alive - just too much maintenance.

Not to mention the total lack of privacy with all those windows and glass doors.