Honored Contributor

Re: Spare, Light-filled Great Room...

The room is spacious and very appealing.  However, knowing my taste, I would add some decor, not much but some.

Honored Contributor

An "easy living" look.  I like it!  I think it's very well done.

Honored Contributor

It's the exact opposite of my taste ...

I don't like rooms with lots of windows and natural light.  I prefer rooms with subdued lighting - and unique window treatment.

I don't like "great rooms" (open plan) that have living room and dining room in one space.  I prefer separate rooms.  

I don't like light colored wood floors.

I prefer any wood furniture to be very, very dark or black.

I have to have lots of stuff on the walls.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind minimalism but this is just, overall, too bland for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

A little too mimalist and bland for me. I like the space, but with different decor for me and some color.

Honored Contributor

Nicely, done, but I would add a bit more color. I don’t like the large “stick ball”. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This isn't a look I'd normally embrace, as it is very spare, but for some reason I find it resonates with me. I'm not usually a fan of nautical motifs and yet, I like those in this room. Certainly, I don't like every thing about it and, as with almost any room, there are things I'd change, but overall, I find it enough wihtout beig too much and think it's very appealing, The one thing I would have to add, though, is some sort of window covering on the long window wall. Even if they have complete privacy, bare windows, especially at night, are not at all my cup of tea.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah!  Lovely and serene.  Cross-lighting is great.  The bits of 'Americana' deployed this way, the ship, etc. somehow give me a good feeling!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont like that white sofa and chairs with the white walls---. And I am not fond of  anything coastal or in a marine theme vein---like the sailboat on the mantel... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Like everything in the room except the sailboat on mantle, and the sphere on the floor--have yet to understand why spheres are so popular in decorating, dislike them!