Trusted Contributor

I have a ceramic oscillating tower heater similar to the below image but I need something that provides better heat.  I live in Illinois and need a space heater for our 4-season room.   I know Dyson has one for about $300 - does anyone recommend Dyson, or do you have any other suggestions?

Regular Contributor

Re: Space Heater Recommendation

I have two Duraflame heaters.  Both are infrared and are very efficient.  QVC has them on sale.  I strongly recommend that if you decide to get them, make sure the heating element is on the top, not on the bottom.  Both have the flame effect. I paid under $300 for each of them.  They look like furniture.  Well made.

Honored Contributor

I would look on amazon.  Much more variety!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I have a ceramic oscillating tower heater similar to the below image but I need something that provides better heat.  I live in Illinois and need a space heater for our 4-season room.   I know Dyson has one for about $300 - does anyone recommend Dyson, or do you have any other suggestions?

@BunSnoop Couldnt agree more with @Whitney400 on using top heater infrared Duraflame heaters.  We have 5 fireplace styles, 3 are stovetop designs with beveled glass on 3 sides, 1 smaller cube shape and one 3' wide mantle.  All are powerhouses from the smallest to the largest. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love, love our duraflame..Ours has lasted forever. Got ours at QVC but have seen them at Lowes.

Don't think you'd be disappointed.

What is wrong with spell check.Man!

Honored Contributor

I prefer the ones that look like a radiator and have oil inside that heats up.   

I use a Dyson for heat (and cooling) in my small TV room that has no other type of heat.  It works great, I'm satisfied, but it was expensive.   I would not recommend buying an expensive item like this, from a shopping channel.   Try Lowe's, Rural King, or Tractor Supply.  

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend the Presto heat dish (I just bought a 2nd one from Costco). They put out great heat and they are very safe. I have bought other space heaters from Amazon. They have about a billion to choose from. Some get crazy high ratings, so you should be able to find many good choices.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an Allen infrared heater from Home Depot that I bought abt 3 yrs ago that  is very good. Has alot of setting for  heat  degree, fan speed,  and time setting. It is a tower style.

I have a Duraflame but it's an old model where the heater box is in the bottom which I would not buy again . Plan to replace the Duraflame with the new style where heat comes out from the top .

I bought a Dyson for my Daughter from Bed Bath & Beyond and it stopped working just shy of 1 yr .  By the time the store opened back up as it was closed during covid for months in Md , it was over the 1 yr . The store said they had changed their warrenty on electronics and would not exchange it for a new one . I contacted Dyson and they accepted it back to  repair the machine. They  sent me a prepaid shipping label  and thankfully I had kept the original box it came in which made it easier to ship back. They sent me  it  back repaired for free . I wish they had  just replaced it for a new one but that's how it is after spending  $350. ...  

Honored Contributor

This one

Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric fireplace stove with remote.

Under $200

I don't have it but it's top of my wish list.

It checks all the boxes

duraflame.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

This one

Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric fireplace stove with remote.

Under $200

I don't have it but it's top of my wish list.

It checks all the boxes

duraflame.jpg

This is on my wish list too . I saw it at Target  for $179-$199 but was hoping for a Black Friday  or Cyber Monday special , but that didn't happen . I know some items never are discounted .