Respected Contributor

Soy Candle company in New Jersey ?

Folks someone posted a link to a soy candle company on the chat boards a month ago but I lost the link.  I am trying to avoid the candles made in China and Vietnam ( FYI Harry Slatkin imports candles from Vietnam).  Does anyone have the line to hand poured soy USA candles ?

Regular Contributor

Re: Soy Candle company in New Jersey ?

Cheerful Giver from Elmer, NJ, sells candles; however, I don't know if they are soy candles. They reportedly employee people with special needs to put wicks in their candles.  They sell them here at the Q as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Folks someone posted a link to a soy candle company on the chat boards a month ago but I lost the link.  I am trying to avoid the candles made in China and Vietnam ( FYI Harry Slatkin imports candles from Vietnam).  Does anyone have the line to hand poured soy USA candles ?

Try this one @Reever Things That Make Scents. Made in NJ

Valued Contributor

A Cheerful Giver candle company comes to mind. Not sure if that is the one though.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Thats the one I was looking for.  Thank you to all.  I feel we need to wane ourselves  off Chinese and Vietnamese candles.  

Contributor

Surf's Up Candle is a line of All-Natural, Hand-Poured Soy Mason Jar Candles & Paint Can Candles made in Belmar, New Jersey

Surf's Up Candles are created with our highest quality 100% natural soy wax. ... batches using one-of-a-kind fragrance oils inspired by life at the Jersey Shore.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Thats the one I was looking for.  Thank you to all.  I feel we need to wane ourselves  off Chinese and Vietnamese candles.  

@Reever  You have a right to 'wane' yourself off the candles of your choice but what is this 'we' stuff? I love Harry's candles and they are my all time favorites. No way will I wane myself off these. Speak for yourself.

Honored Contributor

@Reever 

Also try Pure Integrity Soy Candles.  Their website is easy to find.

Family owned company in Western New York making all the Soy candles in their own shop.

The 'throw' on these candles are fantastic!  They also make melts.

Someone recommended them on these boards a while back and I have used them exclusively ever since.

I love them!  Really last and burn SO clean!  Oatmeal Cookie is my families fav!