Honored Contributor

Re: Southwest Boho Collected Vibe

I like the room more than I like the decor.  I do like the layered artwork above the fireplace though.  (The fact that it is layered, not necessarily the individual pieces.)

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me.  Looks like a waiting room.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The second photo gives the room a more favorable perspective....and although its not my usual style I do like it...Love the fireplace with the built-ins. But I would get rid of a few of the decor art pieces and stick with books....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'By gosh, I like it'!!

Colorful carpet and all.

Nice and airy.  Filled with daylight.  Love a whisper of grey walls with pure white woodwork.

Yes, I could live there forever.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

It's coming off as cluttered and it closes in on me.  I think that's due to the extremely busy area rug and all the books and layering of pictures, pillows, etc.  I love the bones of the room but would have to replace the rug and scale down....for starters.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Very well done room with good flow.  I'm not fond of this style or colors, but the room is pleasing to me.  The chairs and coffee table have a Danish influence.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   I would agree with your synopsis. I'm drawn to the cabinet against the mall wall (with the mirror!). Not really crazy about the white chairs. I'm a bit of a clutz and the arm rests look like they could do some serious damage.

And I love sunflowers. They are my favorite flower. In the rural parts of my state (SC) we have huge fields of them and they are stunning. My Dad plants a few every year in his backyard for  my daughter and I. She loves them too. 

Not surprising considering both of us love the sun as well Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon