Respected Contributor

Re: Something missing in all these beautiful living room photos

@depglass   I don't see any photographs.  I just thought you were mentioning in general all the professional decorator spreads that people post.  

Okay, back to my cleaning after I finish my cup of Earl Grey.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   No, I don't see any.  Sorry, I originally replied to depglass instead of you . . ..

Honored Contributor

I don't believe any pictures were posted. The OP is, I think, referring generally to pictures posted both here and shown in magazines, etc., which show rooms at their staged and designed best without featuring all the accoutrement of day to day living.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Most of the ones I see in magazines ARE set up for real living.  Veranda, Traditional Home and some others seem to focus on real rooms--although sometimes fewer tvs than we have. 

But we don't have one in the living room either. . .

Esteemed Contributor

(I don't see any photos either)

We "live" in front of the TV so it would need to be in our "living room".  I call it our TV room. 

We have a "front room" that doesn't have a TV.  It has a pull out dining table and some accent furniture.

Honored Contributor

OP is saying in general things are missing in staged photos. I agree they are more for looks than for living in them.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I never did understand rooms that were just For Show Only. That is wasted space in my opinion.....I think you need to have nice,comfy,welcoming rooms not showplaces......I had a couple of friends that were like that-trying to raise children with homes so spotless and perfect, you had to wonder how the poor kids played and where? 

Honored Contributor

Just got back here.  Yes, I don't mean the photos I didn't post, I meant virtually all the photos that come up on this specific home board.  I'm thinking if I were looking or a designer to redo my home, I'd want to see photos of their previous work.  Most would be rejected, I'm afraid.  Now to get busy and buy some more lottery tickets and have that guy on TV find me a nice mansion to redecorate.