Honored Contributor

Re: Something eating holes in my clothes

@roster wrote:

Not a mouse trap!! How horrible would that be to see a dead mouse in your drawers?

@roster   I'd much rather see a dead mouse in a trap than a live one!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Better to see a dead mouse than a live mouse.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass    Great minds think alike!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LCR 

• Tiny holes in your tops and t-shirts are a result of friction between your shirt, your jeans button and a hard surface such as a kitchen countertop. You will find that the holes form around the waist line, right in the front of your shirt and just above your hem and look like tiny little pin pricks that get bigger over time.
    Was this helpful?

• Tiny holes in your tops and t-shirts are a result of friction between your shirt, your jeans button and a hard surface such as a kitchen countertop. You will find that the holes form around the waist line, right in the front of your shirt and just above your hem and look like tiny little pin pricks that get bigger over time.
    Was this helpful?

•  
  •  
  •  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"I took everything off and cleaned the shelves"

Makes no difference what-so-ever.  It's not the shelves they eat or want. It's what is on them.  Smiley Wink

And another thing.....those darn silverfish can hide/rest/nest inside a microscopic slit in every furniture of your home.  Their favorite food - paper.

@Mz iMac  .... do you know how to get rid of silverfish?? .... I have them in my shore house in NJ & I have the house since it was brand new! ... I hate them🤬

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@LCR 

Was this helpful?

Was this helpful?

You are correct!  I found the answer.  I purchased Jeanie's Clip that you put over the button.  No more holes in my shirts or t shirts.   You can go to her website or order from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Brown house crickets are pretty common. Although they are something you'd usually see, you might not have at the top of your closet. They eat anything and everything, kind of like the insect version of a goat. I know the OP has had this issue for a while but just FYI they start coming inside even more as it turns cooler.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@Mz iMac  .... do you know how to get rid of silverfish?? .... I have them in my shore house in NJ & I have the house since it was brand new! ... I hate them🤬

@January121 

Oh my!  "Shore" homes have moisture which silverfish thrive in.  My baby brother lives down at "the shore" all year round. 

My brother used this stuff called DE (DiatomaceousEarth) mixed w/Dekko Silverfish Paks which are must haves for "shore" homes.  Knocks the infestation right out.   You use the stuff at night as silverfish are nocturnal. 

My brother said in the 30+ yrs hes lived there, he only had to use the above products 5-6 times. 

All the year round residents use the stuff.  You can now purchase through Amazon.  If you do not have an account, try your local hardware stores as well as the big box ones.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

There are things to lay in your drawers or on shelves that will get rid of silverfish.  My Dad had a library of books on shelves in his garage and he did this when he found them trying to eat his books and it worked.  It's sold in a place like Lowe's, just ask them, don't know any brand names..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@January121 

Oh my!  "Shore" homes have moisture which silverfish thrive in.  My baby brother lives down at "the shore" all year round. 

My brother used this stuff called DE (DiatomaceousEarth) mixed w/Dekko Silverfish Paks which are must haves for "shore" homes.  Knocks the infestation right out.   You use the stuff at night as silverfish are nocturnal. 

My brother said in the 30+ yrs hes lived there, he only had to use the above products 5-6 times. 

All the year round residents use the stuff.  You can now purchase through Amazon.  If you do not have an account, try your local hardware stores as well as the big box ones.

@Mz iMac   .... THANKS for your reply .... when I go back down to the house in a few weeks I will go to the local hardware store & see if they carry that stuff .... I have a very curious little poodle & have always been afraid to put anything around for fear she will eat it .... THANKS AGAIN 🥰