Honored Contributor

Some "Less Industrial" Industrial style kitchens

Image result for industrial style kitchen

Because some of you think Industrial is always cold looking, I thought I'd post some kitchens that are homier than you might expect...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some "Less Industrial" Industrial style kitchens

I'm not a big fan of the industrial look, but I do like the brick walls.

Esteemed Contributor

Those old white fixtures in the first photo are ugly, in my opinion. I’ve seen those touches on HGTV programs and think they look foolish. When all is said and done, you’re looking at old, rusty, dented stuff.

Honored Contributor

I like the spaciousness of the rooms and there is appeal .  However, I find the seating arrangement uncomfortable looking.  Eating on stools or high chairs isn't for me, I prefer a kitchen table with comfortable chairs.

Honored Contributor

I like some aspects of the first one.  I don't like the light fixtures or the stools.

I do love the brick.

Even though I don't always like everything in the photos, there are things I do like.  It's fun to incorporate touches of this and touches of that and make it your own when you're putting a room together. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I like some aspects of the first one.  I don't like the light fixtures or the stools.

I do love the brick.

Even though I don't always like everything in the photos, there are things I do like.  It's fun to incorporate touches of this and touches of that and make it your own when you're putting a room together. 

Me too.  I like to incorporate industrial elements into my decorating in a way where it blends with the rest of my house.  

Honored Contributor

The 1st kitchen I actually like, minus the light fixtures, and the last kitchen I like as well, again maybe with different lighting, but not bad.....

Respected Contributor

my favorite is the grey cabinets/island with the brick. perfect for me.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I love the industrial look and my favorite one is the third one.  Even though the kitchen appears to have plenty of storage space, I still feel like it needs some cabinets on the wall....but then you would lose the look of the beautiful brick.  I also don't normally care for painted cabinets other than black, white (occasionally)  or a darker woodtone but I LOVE these.

The other three have some nice elements but for an overall look, I do prefer #3.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown