Respected Contributor

Re: Some More Before and After...

Definitely in the minority here but I love the after in the first picture, even the border.  Love the pink and green too.

In the master I don't like the before or the after.  So much could be done with the large room to make it more appealing.  Everything about it looks wrong to me.

The before kitchen is way too white and blah.  The after is an improvement.  Don't care for the lights but love the windows.

Valued Contributor

To me they are all horrible both in the befores & after, especially both bedrooms. Can't say which is worse!

Definitely different vibes between before & after so a change was certainly made!
Honored Contributor

The traditional styles in the bedrooms aren't my thing, but it's amazing how much they improve with a little color and pattern in the fabrics. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@stevieb ...  I LOVE the second green bedroom.  It's all the little things like patterned window shades that appeal to me ...  the pictures on the wall are what I like ... the lamp size and color ...  just love it all.  The kitchen with that shade of blue everyone seems to be using along with the gold hardware is beautiful !!  It's good to know what you like ahead of time ...  when my ship finally does come in I'll have no problem telling my newly acquired decorator what to do in my newly-acquired hurricane proof home on the gulf side of Florida ...  I'll send pictures !!

Honored Contributor

I like all the after bedrooms and kitchen.  I do love roomy bedrooms so the master bedroom is my favorite.

Respected Contributor

Master bedroom and kitchen makeovers are both really nice!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I tend to agree with your earlier summary that each room (on both threads, I think) probably benefited to some extent from the makeovers. That said, I have to admit that while some nice changes were made, I wasn't overwhelmed by this re-do. That said, there are a few other rooms where it's a bit more clear that a makeover was past due and where the improvements, while always a matter of taste, did make a positive difference.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The 1st bedroom both look very dated

The 2nd bedroom, I don't care for the wall decor

The kitchen looks good in both the before and after to me, depending on what type of look you are going for.

The before kitchen just needs some decor and color

The after looks really good as well!

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of all three "befores" or "afters".  The second bedroom is a little better though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

They're all so much fun to look at, thank you!

The improvements were very well done, but the wall paper border was too much.  I love the little carved trunk in the master bedroom.

@ECBG, I love that trunk too!!!