Respected Contributor

Re: Soft, Pretty Colors in the Living Room...

@stevieb Beautiful

Respected Contributor

So pretty, esp. the wall color.  The furnishings blend nicely but I think they overcrowded the room with it.  I'd need to change a few pieces & the pics & chandelier as well.  Still, it is a comfy & relaxing space.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty room.  I like the use of color.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The colors are serene....well chosen.

Honored Contributor

How on earth does someone even walk through this living room? It's like an obstacle course. Way too cluttered!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@AuntG . Please do not feel I am critizing your op. I was always told pictures are hung at the eye view of person hanging the pictures

Trusted Contributor

LOVE!  Give it to me!

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy the range of comments, suggestions, opinions and ideas that a thread like this produces! Personally, I find this room to be lovely and while I probably wouldn't have put it together as it is, I also probably wouldn't make any significant changes. I love the juxtaposition of the pale blue and spring green and the hint of magenta thrown in for spice. I also like the rattan chair and the armless slipper chairs. While I like the demilune tables on each side of the fireplace, I don't love the other tables in the room, but they work just fine in the space. The room seems nicely accessorized without being 'too much' and I very much like the botanical prints being used. I can take or leave the rug but it works in the room and am sort of neutral on the curtains which I just can't see very well but that seem to add a bit of pattern in a room mostly full of more quiet patterns or solids and probably tie the color scheme together a bit too. I find the ceiling interesting and lovely and I am liking both the touches of blue and white in the room, as well as the mirror over the fireplace. Thanks to all for the varied comments!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Too many decorative pieces...