Honored Contributor

Re: Soft, Pretty Colors in the Living Room...

[ Edited ]

Most of the pieces & colors in this room are not appealing to me. The room would look better IMO if the blue chairs were a light neutral cream or sand color. As it is there's too much blue for me. 

The shape of the sofa is ok, but I don't like that shade of green on such a large piece; it would be ok on an accent piece. The bamboo chair and pink ottoman don't go with the rest of the room IMO. The artwork is hung too low. The tables & lamps on the fireplace wall are ok. 

Honored Contributor

While I love the colors, the wall color is verypretty and love the fireplace, I don't care for the style of the furniture at all, and the pictures seem to be hung so low as well.

Trusted Contributor

Ahhh, finally, a room with robin's egg blue walls and white trim, just like my great room.  Calming and serene.  I don't care for the spring green couch but that is a quibble.  Sign me up, I could definitely live there!  

Honored Contributor

Love the colors but I would have to remove the rattan chair, table between the 2 blue chairs, and I really dislike lamps in front of art..one or the other can stay.

I would also change the drapes to a solid color..probably white.

Honored Contributor

I love it but get rid of that weird wooden chair and change the upholstery on the stool to something that coordinates with the room.

Honored Contributor

If you remove the chair and stool, and change the drapes to a light gold pattern on pattern, it reminds me of the colors in my mom's living room. She had a more formal style though in her furniture. She also had an oriental rug. I kept her blue chairs that she got in Williamsburg. She reupholstered them herself many times through the years, and this blue was the last time. She also refinished furniture. 

It was a beautiful living room, but it wasn't one to really relax in. We watched TV there (we didn't have a family room), but no feet on the furniture!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Why don't we see more rooms with pretty colors like this one.  If they'd just put some arms on those chairs, I could move in and live there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Too much color for me in that small room and too much furniture.

Trusted Contributor

I like the room, and the fireplace.. love the wall color.. and the ceiling is beautiful. 

Basically I'm all in except for the color of the couch, and the rattan looking chair. 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

Love the colors, but must have arms on the chairs.  The wooden chair needs to go as does the mirror above the mantle.  I would also need a prettier chandelier