Honored Contributor

Re: So who is left? To give decorating advice?

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Has everyone forgotten Valerie? 

Valerie a bit too corny for me....and Jill not a fave either...Q is not a decorating inspiration for me.

I agree.   I consider my decorating style to be better than any QVC has featured.   I imagine I have a lot of company. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Has everyone forgotten Valerie? 

Valerie a bit too corny for me....and Jill not a fave either...Q is not a decorating inspiration for me.

@ellaphant

So who/what does inspire you?

~Quack

Honored Contributor

Traditional Home, House Beautiful, Veranda (my "wish" book!  LOL!!!), Martha Stewarts website, and Southern Homes (that may not be the exact title--but there are several decorating magazines that come out a few times a year).  

I get a lot of great ideas from these magazine Facebook sites every day!  I have a facebook page that is not my real name, has no information about me, but is where I can get the feed from sites I like such as these magazines, chefs I follow, and such.

Happy Hunting!   

Regular Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Traditional Home, House Beautiful, Veranda (my "wish" book!  LOL!!!), Martha Stewarts website, and Southern Homes (that may not be the exact title--but there are several decorating magazines that come out a few times a year).  

I get a lot of great ideas from these magazine Facebook sites every day!  I have a facebook page that is not my real name, has no information about me, but is where I can get the feed from sites I like such as these magazines, chefs I follow, and such.

Happy Hunting!   

Thanks, Sooner!  I like the idea of having a separate FB page for those feeds.

~Quack

Esteemed Contributor

I was just thinking of this the other day.  I miss Linda Dano terribly, I've watched her since the 80's.  They need to get someone new there. 

Honored Contributor

I liked Linda a lot.   She was fun to watch... Very dramatic.   However,  I found her decorating style to be dreary and dated.   Always watched but never bought a thing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Happy Hunting!   

Thanks, Sooner!  I like the idea of having a separate FB page for those feeds.

~Quack

It's lots of fun to follow the food sies and various chefs (Emeril for one), beauty sites and decorating sites I love--plus lesser known retailers like tea sellers and such.  I enjoy it very much.  And I don't have to stop and tell someone I have "friended" how beautiful they still are while I'm browsing!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I never went to Q for decorating advice anyway, so it's not missed by me.  There are way too many good sources on the web and in magazines.

@Sooner

I wasn't thinking of the Q as the only source for such ideas, but more in terms of shows that were interesting to watch when kicking back & just relaxing & adding ideas to my mental library.

What sites/magazines do you recommend/enjoy?

~Quack

I don't watch any decorating shows, but I do watch Caribbean Life and Island Life on HGTV. Those are real estate shows, but the homes they show are all staged and I love both the tropical and island styles. I also like mid-century modern and follow a few blogs, like No Pattern Required and Retro Renovation. 

Respected Contributor

RJill Bauer does the home shows, she's had her At Home with Jill show for quite some time. I liked Lisa Robertson for fashion and beauty and accessories but  other than her Christmas shows, I don't recall  her doing many home shows.  Although now she is call ing herself an expert in that area...lol  I saw some of her home at Christmas and it's definitely not a look I would want in my home.  When it comes to home styling, I relate to Jill more than LR's style in home decor.