Esteemed Contributor

So upset my tv stand came cracked.

How does this not get noticed when packing it. It had 10k 5 star reviews on wayfair. I got it off bed bath and beyond but it’s the same one on wayfair.

FFC72BBD-4291-4508-8A53-348921B75D2E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So upset my tv stand came cracked.

That has to be very frustrating to receive cracked furniture. I purchased many items from Bed/Bath and never had a problem.

Maybe it cracked in shipping.

I'd call or email Bed/Bath and ask the best way for u to return.

Last year I ordered a beautiful wood end table from Costco and there is a narrow crack a few inches long. It's hard to notice so I kept it.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

That has to be very frustrating to receive cracked furniture. I purchased many items from Bed/Bath and never had a problem.

Maybe it cracked in shipping.

I'd call or email Bed/Bath and ask the best way for u to return.

Last year I ordered a beautiful wood end table from Costco and there is a narrow crack a few inches long. It's hard to notice so I kept it.

My dad thinks it did happen in shipping. I will call them tomorrow to see if they want it returned. Maybe they can send them pictures and they will send out a new one without returning. I have a BBB here. He said it looks like they didn’t support it correctly when loading it in the truck. I will look and see if I can email them. Wayfair would of just shipped one out without having to return. I knew I should of ordered it from them.

Esteemed Contributor

So I emailed BBB with pictures. We will see if they will want it back. Hopefully I will beable to exchange it for a new one. I have such bad luck. I was almost afraid to open the box. I had a bad feeling it was going to do that.

Honored Contributor

BB&B is very good about returns.  Maybe they'll let you return it to a store, saving you the hassle of packing and shipping.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

So I emailed BBB with pictures. We will see if they will want it back. Hopefully I will beable to exchange it for a new one. I have such bad luck. I was almost afraid to open the box. I had a bad feeling it was going to do that.

I'm sure they will do the right thing.  I also doubt they will want the broken one back.  It would be them throwing good money after bad to pay the return shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

BB&B is very good about returns.  Maybe they'll let you return it to a store, saving you the hassle of packing and shipping.

They will let me return it to the store. But it is heavy so I am hoping I can schedule a pickup. If this was wayfair I don’t think they would even want it back. Hopefully they get back to me soon on the email I sent. I want a new one but am nervous the same thing will happen. It was delivered fed ex so I don’t knkw if it was thrm or the warehouse when it shipped.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago my dad got a new job in a new city, a decorator was hired to help purchase new furniture...it was a mess, A LOT of things were delivered to the house, cracked, broken, etc....I remember my dad threatening to sue the furniture company....they had to know the pieces they were delivering off their truck were damaged!   Did they think we would not notice?

Hopefullly @ccassaday the store will make it right!

Honored Contributor

It happens during the shipping from where ever you bought it to your home.

I had it happen to me and when I had it picked up by UPS, the way it was flung into the UPS truck confirmed that it was put in the truck the same way when it was being sent to me.

From what I understand, when it got back to where it was going, it was pretty much an empty box from the way it was handled on the return trip.

Esteemed Contributor

So I just got a email back from BBB. They asked for the part number and they will order the part that’s damaged. That is so much better then having to get a new one or sending it back.